Chapter 55

POV: First person, Miguel.

"Ok..." Y/n set down the console, standing up, "I think it's time for bed now,"

"Aww but it's the weekend," Gabriella pouted, slumping.

I checked my watch, seeing that it was indeed very late, "And it's passed your usual weekend bed time," Y/n crossed her arms, "Go brush your teeth,"

Without no more complaints, Gabriella went to the bathroom to brush her teeth. Then Y/n's attention was towards me now.

I set the console down, clearing my throat, standing up too, "Make sure to say goodnight to Gabriella," Y/n said.

I smiled and hummed, "I will,"

After Gabriella finished brushing her teeth, she jumped into her bed, "Can you guys read a bed time story to me?" she asked.

"Sure Miggy can read you-," Gabriella cut off Y/n.

"No, I want the both of you to read to me," Gabriella pulled out the The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn.

Y/n and I looked at each other, before taking a seat at the ends of the bed, Gabriella being in the middle, "I'll read first a paragraph then everyone do the same," Y/n said and we nodded, Y/n then started to read.

"The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn," she flipped to the first page, showing a baby raccoon in a forest, "Chester Raccoon stood at the edge of the forest and cried. 'I don't want to go to school,' he told his mother, 'I want to stay home with you. I want to play with my friends. And play with my toys. And read my books. And swing on my swing. Please may I stay home with you?'"

It was now Gabriella's turn to read as she flipped to the next page, showing the mother raccoon comforting Chester Raccoon, "Mrs. Raccoon took Chester by the hand and nu... nuzzled him on the ear. 'Sometimes we all have to do things we don't want to do,' she told him gently, 'Even if they seem strange and scary at first. But you will love school once you start. Kay, your turn Miggy," Gabriella and Y/n turned to look at me, who was smiling at our moment.

"Huh- oh sorry," I flipped a page and cleared my throat, "'You'll make new friends. And play with new toys. Read new books. And swing on new swings. Besides,' she added, 'I know a wonderful secret that will make your nights at school seem as warm and cozy as your days at home,'"

Y/n continued, flipping to the next page, Mrs. Raccoon and Chester holding hands, "Chester wiped away his tears and looked interested, 'A secret? What kind of secret?' 'A very old secret,' said Mrs. Raccoon, 'I learned it from my mother, and she learned it from hers. It's called the Kissing Hand,' 'The Kissing Hand?' asked Chester, 'What's that?'" Y/n flipped the page for Gabriella.

"'I'll show you,' Mrs. Raccoon took Chester's left hand and spread open open his tiny fingers into a fan. Leaning forward, she kissed Chester right in the middle of his palm. Chester felt his mother's kiss rush from his hand, up his arm, and into his heart. Even his silky, black mask
tingled with a special warmth," on the right side, showed Chester's palm full of hearts.

This time I flipped the next page, "Mrs. Raccoon smiled, 'Now,' she told Chester, 'whenever you feel lonely and need a little loving from home, just press your hand to your cheek and think, 'Mommy loves you. Mommy loves you,' And that very kiss will jump to your face and fill you with toasty warm thoughts,'" I flipped the page for Y/n.

She smiled and began to read, "She took Chester's hand and carefully wrapped his fingers around the kiss, 'Now, do be careful not to lose it,' she teased him, 'But don't worry. When you open your hand, and wash your food, I promise the kiss with stick,'" she flipped the next page for Gabriella.

"Chester loved his Kissing Hand. Now he knew that his mother's love would go with him whenever he went. Even to school," Gabriella flipped the page for me.

I patted her head and read, "That night, Chester stood in front of his school and looked thoughtful. Suddenly, he turned to his mother and grinned. 'Give me your hand,' he told her,"

Y/n flipped to the next page, showing Chester kissing his mother's hand, "Chester took his mother's hand in his own and unfolded her large, familiar fingers into a fan. Next, he leaned forward and kissed the center of her hand," she flipped the page for Gabriella.

"'Now you have a Kissing Hand, too,' he told her... And with a gentle 'Good-bye' and 'I love you,' Chester turned and dance away," Gabriella's eyes began to close as she flipped the page for me.

I had the clear my throat again as always, "Mrs. Raccoon watched Chester scamper across a tree limb and enter school. And as the hoot owl rang in the new school year, she pressed her left hand to her cheek and smiled. The warmth of Chester's kiss filled her heart with special words. 'Chester loves you,' it sang, 'Chester loves you,'" I flipped to the next page showing all the nocturnal animals at school in a tree.

Y/n and I looked to see Gabriella fast asleep. I slowly get up, making sure to not wake up Gabriella as Y/n put the book away on a shelf.

I kissed Gabriella good night, sighing in disappointment from how time moved so fast. Y/n and I walked out of Gabriella's room, I closed the door.

Now it was just Y/n and I... in the living room alone, "You should get going now," Y/n sighed, looking at any other direction other than me, "It's late,"

"Yeah... right," I looked down, playing with my fingers. I don't want to go back there, in my universe, just sitting there, rotting away.

We stood there in silence, we both know that I don't want to leave. Y/n looked down at my fingers, it seemed it was obvious that I didn't want to leave.

Y/n gently took my left hand in her own and unfolded my fingers into a fan. Next she leaned forward and kissed the center of my hand. My eyes widened at her sweet actions, my mouth opened in surprise.

She gave me a plain yet happy smile, "The place seems more lively with you here... Goodnight, Miguel," Y/n let's go of my hand.

I stood there for a bit as Y/n let out a silent laugh, "Was that too much?"

I shook my head, "No no, just... surprised me that's all," I opened the portal, "Well goodnight to you too,
Y/n," I waved and she waved back.