Chapter 18

"It's weird." Jiang Yao muttered, turned around, and was about to go back to the office.

When passing by Lin Jiu's work station, Jiang Yao inadvertently caught sight of Xu Jiu holding his mobile phone and didn't know what he was doing, so he leaned over and said abruptly:

"What are you looking at?"

"...fuck," Xu Jiu was almost scared out of his wits by Jiang Yao, and with a "snap—" he clasped the phone on the table with his backhand, and said loudly in order to cover up something:

"What are you doing?"

"I still want to ask you why," Jiang Yao thought to himself why he felt that one or two were not normal every day, and he muttered:

"Are you so nervous watching movies behind your back?"

"...No," Xu Jiu drooped his eyebrows, looked at Jiang Yao for a few seconds, then sighed:

"My mother asked me to quit my job and go home to go on a blind date... This is the fifth time this month. I checked my salary balance. I really don't have the money to treat my blind date to dinner. If I eat again, I'll have to drink Northwest Wind."

"...AA?" Jiang Yao hadn't thought about the issue of blind dates. In his mind, it was absolutely impossible for him to get married:

"How old are you? Why is your mother in such a hurry?"

"25, she said it's not too young." Xu Jiu lay on the table, buried her face in her arms, and scratched her head annoyedly: "I have no money and no house, what kind of happiness can I give to others...... Could it be that I let the other party follow me to dig wild vegetables?"

"...Actually, it's not necessarily a matter of money." Jiang Yao paused, "Sometimes you have money, but you may not be able to take on the heavy responsibility of getting married."

"Hey," looking at Jiang Yao with his head turned for a long time, thoughtfully: "It's rare to see you say such philosophical words."

"Heh," Jiang Yao said, "Falling in love with brother?"

The corners of his lips were slightly hooked, and his squinted smile was inexplicably sullen:

"But if you don't want to marry Beta, who can't have children, you don't care about it, huh?"

Xu Jiu couldn't bear it anymore: "...Get lost!"

The sound of the two joking came into Shu Mian's office through the crack of the glass door. Shu Mian moved her right ear sensitively, then quickly lowered her head, leaned on the sofa, and closed her eyes.

From the beginning to the end, his right hand has been covering the position of the genital cavity of the abdomen, which has not changed at all.

Jiang Yao didn't know how Shu Mian was doing. He stayed in the office all afternoon, waiting for Shu Mian to come to him, but he didn't expect that Shu Mian didn't come to him when he clocked in.

He turned off the computer, put away the things on the desktop, and walked to the clock-in machine along the way, just in time to see Shu Mian clocking in.

Jiang Yao stopped closing the door, walked behind Shu Mian, and was about to say hello to him and ask how his hand was doing, but found that Shu Mian didn't notice the movement he made deliberately, as if he didn't hear it, and left directly after punching the card, even deliberately ignoring Jiang Yao's "see you tomorrow."

"......." Jiang Yao was ignored again, and she froze in the air when she raised her hand. She stared at Shu Mian's back for a while, and then slowly put it down after a while.