Chapter 70

"...is it possible that they didn't go down the mountain at all?"

  Shu Mian still did not give up, and asked:

  "What if Jiang Yao sensed the danger and didn't go up the mountain?"

  "If he stays on the mountain all the time, it will only be more dangerous than going down the mountain."

  Hearing this, Qu Chunye's expression became more solemn, and when the few words he spoke slowly fell into Shu Mian's ears, the effect was no less than a landslide:

  "There... may be flash floods on the mountain."

  Shu Mian's face became paler and paler, and there was almost no trace of blood on it.

  His hands were trembling, his teeth were chattering, his whole body was uncontrollably cold, and he was almost swallowing. Only then did he gather a little strength and struggle to say what he wanted to say:

  "What about the fire brigade? When will the police or the volunteer rescue team be here?"

  "The road up the mountain is not easy to walk, and landslides have already occurred on several mountain roads. If the rescue team wants to come up, they must stop and take time to open the road. And..."

  Qu Chunye couldn't bear to say those words, because those words could almost crush Shu Mian's last hope:

  "Besides, when I called, because most landslides and flash floods occurred in the whole district, the district is very busy now, and it seems that we can't spare any manpower to come over right away."

  "What do you mean?!" Shu Mian raised her head abruptly, her beautiful eyes were wide open, red bloodshot eyes could be faintly seen inside, her veins were almost tense on the hand that was pressing on the ground, and she laughed angrily:

  "What do you mean you can't come here immediately?!"

  "That's two lives, how could they delay like this!"

  Hearing Shu Mian's crying blood, the people present lowered their heads silently, and no one dared to comfort Shu Mian at this moment.

  Changing places, in all fairness, if an accident happens to their lover, they may be less calm and more angry than Shu Mian.

  Some soft-hearted female Omega couldn't stand it anymore, and stretched out her hand to help Shu Mian, trying to help him stand up, but was slowly pushed away by Shu Mian who was sitting on the ground.

  Gritting his teeth by himself, he forced his limp body up, slowly supported the table to stand up, and staggered to pick up the mobile phone that fell to the ground.

  With cold fingertips holding the screen of the phone that fell like a spider web, Shu Mian wiped away her tears as she looked at herself with a pale face and distorted face on the phone screen, tremblingly turned on the phone, her brain was running fast, and immediately dialed a number he had never dialed before.

  After the call was made, the ringing of the phone in those few seconds was almost stretched into a long century. Shu Mian knew that every minute was precious to Jiang Yao who was in danger. He didn't know whether his choice at the moment was right or wrong, so he could only instinctively look for the person in his memory——

  "Hello--"

  The deep and mellow male voice was like the cold cello sound, slowly trickling into the eardrums, like gurgling water, it miraculously soothed the restlessness in Shu Mian's heart.