Chapter 25

"No, I don't hate it..."

"Then why are you always hot and cold towards me?"

Jiang Yao took a step forward and pressed her step by step until Shu Mian cornered her back against the cold wall:

"tell me why?"

Jiang Yao was trying to calm down his expression, but his tone still seemed a little irritable: "Sometimes I want to get along with you. I want to get along with you like a normal colleague. I say hello when I clock in at work, sit together for lunch, and then make an appointment for a drink together when I have time after work. After drinking, the two of them go back to their respective houses and find their respective mothers. Those who are in the same place work overtime."

Jiang Yao didn't know what she was talking about. She just repeatedly emphasized one thing, so she didn't see Shu Mian's clenched lips when she heard "ordinary colleagues":

"I want to get along with you normally, but why do you—"

Jiang Yao looked down at Shu Mian's tight jaw line and trembling eyelashes, and asked in confusion:

"Why are you always hot and cold towards me?"

The author has something to say:

Chapter 17 Rejuvenation Soup (Modification)

As soon as the voice fell, a deadly silence spread between the two of them.

Jiang Yao was stunned for a moment, she didn't expect that she would ask this question so easily, but Shu Mian didn't think about how to answer, so she pursed her lips tightly.

The two of them stared at each other for a moment, looked at each other in blank dismay, and each had their own plans, but neither of them took the initiative to speak.

In this suffocating atmosphere, Shu Mian was more embarrassed than Jiang Yao. He didn't respond immediately, but lowered his head, nervously began to pick the label on the milk tea cup with his fingertips, until his fingertips got wet, and the water droplets dripped down his red fingertips and landed on the ground. The light could be seen, reflecting Jiang Yao's confused expression.

"..."

Seeing Shu Mian's attitude of refusing to answer, Jiang Yao's heart sank slowly.

He began to search in his brain whether he had ever offended Shu Mian, but the answer was that only when Shu Mian intentionally ignored him or left him alone, would he lose control + get upset inexplicably, and thus did a series of behaviors that made him feel unbelievable, inexplicably caring to the point where he felt that he was abnormal.

That's right, why does he care so much about Shu Mian's words and deeds?

As soon as this idea landed in Jiang Yao's mind, Jiang Yao suddenly realized that something was wrong with him.

According to his original idea, he only wanted to be an ordinary colleague with Shu Mian. When the other party ignored him or neglected him, as long as it didn't affect his work, he just had to act as if nothing happened. Why bother to confront the other party so sharply?

Isn't there something wrong with him?

Jiang Yao thought about it for a long time, and finally realized——

It turns out that in the final analysis, I still have problems!

"I'm sorry." Jiang Yao's apology became more and more sincere: "I really won't say such things next time."

"...It's okay." Shu Mian still didn't raise her head to meet Jiang Yao's gaze, the old god was picking out the milk tea cup on the ground, and took the shredded paper with one hand: