Chapter 39

"Okay, let's get down to business."

  He said that he wanted to talk about business, but in fact he was still distracted to coax his wife in a low voice. Jiang Yao heard him lower his voice and say lovingly to the second sister-in-law beside him, "Baby, it doesn't hurt. My husband won't hurt the child inside." After coaxing his wife, he spoke seriously to himself:

  "Today I received an email from Mommy from Country M."

  "...Mommy?" Jiang Yao's fingertips clenched the phone for an instant, lowered the corners of his eyes, his expression was a little unclear, and after a long time, he suddenly opened his mouth:

  "...how did she contact us all of a sudden?"

  Jiang Gui was silent for a moment when he heard the words, and even the voice of patting his wife's back to coax his wife became muffled. It was not until a few seconds later that he regained his composure, and said indifferently: "She said she was going to come back from country M, and it was in the near future, but there was no exact time. Let the three of us prepare in advance."

  "..."

  As soon as the words fell, this time, a longer silence spread between the two brothers. During these few minutes, no one spoke between the two, only the sound of each other's heavy breathing could be heard, which seemed to contain countless complicated emotions, and those emotions roared all the way to the front of the eyes with countless memories and a force that did not allow anyone to escape.

  That memory, whether it was for Jiang Yao or Jiang Gui, was an extremely painful memory. But in the end, all the complicated emotions turned into Jiang Yao's sigh:

  "Then I won't go back to Jiang's house during this period of time, the cemetery in the south of the city... I won't go there again during this period, to prevent running into Mommy and the others."

  Jiang Yao held the phone, looked at the buildings in the distance, and tried to make her voice relaxed, even though it was an obvious illusion to anyone's ears:

  "You let the elder sister-in-law and second sister-in-law take good care of Mommy and the others. By the way, remember to remove the white begonia at home, and remember to take the Samoyed..."

  "Jiang Yao." Jiang Gui interrupted Jiang Yao's nagging instructions, and said in a deep voice, "The Jiang family has long since stopped raising white begonias, and... has long since stopped raising Samoyeds."

  "..." Hearing the words, Jiang Yao was in a daze for a while, and then slowly opened his mouth:

  "That's the best."

  He's been away for so long that he can't remember.

  "......When Mommy and the others come back, I will notify you and try not to let you meet." Jiang Gui didn't let Jiang Yao be immersed in that memory and couldn't extricate himself. He hesitated for a moment, and the dialect returned to the main topic: "You...take care of yourself, I have released the permissions of your cards for you, you can eat and play whatever you want."

  "Understood." Jiang Yao said, "Thank you brother."

  "Yeah." Jiang Gui still didn't feel at ease: "Take care of yourself, don't let yourself have any accidents outside... If you don't have enough money or if you are bullied, you can find me or your elder brother. As long as it is not illegal or criminal, he and I can settle it for you. Don't be a petty outside and begging to be a grandson. Do you hear me?"

  "Understood." Jiang Yao's eyes were a little sore, restraining the bitter emotions in his heart and the choked throat, pretending to complain, "You are so annoying, brother."