Chapter 73

"nothing!"

  "..." Jiang Yao frowned, put down the water glass, reached out and rubbed Shu Mian's head, and said in a low voice:

  "Since we have decided to be together forever, we can't hide anything."

  He asked tactfully, "Is there something you forgot to tell me?"

  "..."

  Seeing Jiang Yao's peaceful gaze, Shu Mian's heart rose and fell again. After a while, Fang clenched his fist on his knee, looked at Jiang Yao cautiously, and slowly made up his mind:

  "I told grandpa that I was pregnant with your child."

  "Cough......cough cough cough......"

  Jiang Yao was so startled by Shu Mian's unannounced words that she couldn't hold the water cup steadily, and her lungs were gasping for breath, so she raised her head in shock and looked at Shu Mian:

  "What did you say?!"

  ".......is fake."

  Shu Mian's whole body was kissed, touched and touched by Jiang Yao, but the genital cavity was still intact:

  "I lied to him just to make him agree to let me be with you."

  Shu Mian shook her head angrily: "But now he's urging me to marry you instead, and wants me to invite your parents to come to Shu's house, saying that he will stay with him after the child is born... Anyway, I don't know what to do now."

  "..." After Jiang Yao came to his senses, he wiped off the water droplets on his body, took a quiet look at Shu Mian, and then slowly said:

  "We can put aside the child's matter for the time being, after all, you made it up."

  He said: "But now I want to ask you, Shu Mian, do you really want to marry me?"

  Jiang Yao's brain turned fast, and his calmness was also fast, with a seriousness that had never appeared on his face, and said in a low voice:

  "Your grandfather is right to worry. I don't have a career right now, and my relationship with my family is mediocre...especially the relationship between me and my parents, based on some unspeakable reasons—it can even be said to be bad. Let alone let the two families sit together to discuss the date of marriage, they may not even meet me. It is even less likely that they will come to our wedding, so there is no way for you to have a marriage that everyone blesses."

  "In terms of career, I plan to set up my own studio in the next few years. The Jiang family will not give me any help in the initial stage. I will encounter many difficulties. If we get married, you and I need to share all of these...even, you may suffer."

  "I didn't want a child at first, and I delayed marrying you for a few years, but now that you have told Grandpa Shu that you are pregnant, if you tell him that the reason is an excuse you made up for getting married, then if we want to get together again, he will definitely not agree."

  Jiang Yao said so many words in one breath, took a breath, took a sip of water and continued, but his eyes were on Shu Mian:

  "So, I've said so much, I just want to tell you the pros and cons—marrying me must not be the best choice in your life, and after we get married, we will encounter countless problems to face. Even so, do you still want to marry me?"

  Shu Mian stared blankly at Jiang Yao, and suddenly realized that this was the first time he had seen Jiang Yao talk to him with such a serious expression since he met Jiang Yao.