Chapter 42

"I think......."

  With difficulty, he vomited out all the thoughts in his heart: "I want to cancel the marriage."

  "??!" The chopsticks in Shu Qitian's hand fell to the ground unexpectedly, he was stunned for a moment, then raised his head in shock:

  "What did you say?!"

  "Grandpa Shu probably doesn't know why I left Jiang's house." Jiang Yao took a deep breath, summoned up a lot of courage, and then explained softly:

  "Outsiders think that I left home because I didn't want to accept the shackles of the family and take responsibility. In fact, it was because... since I was seven years old, the relationship between me and my parents has deteriorated to an extremely serious level."

  "To be honest, I haven't seen them for a long time, and of course, they don't want to see me either."

  The more Jiang Yao talked, the more Shu Qitian frowned.

  He wanted to ask what Jiang Yao meant, so he heard Jiang Yao continue to speak:

  "There is a high probability that I will not inherit the Jiang family's property in the future. I don't have a clear plan for my future now. I'm afraid that I..."

  He paused, and finally said the key point of today: "I can't take care of Shu Mian."

  "...What do you mean by that?" Shu Qitian felt a sudden pain in his temple, and couldn't even eat, "you insist on canceling the marriage, there is no room for it?"

  "......yes."

  Jiang Yao didn't know how much effort he had to use to say these words. It was obviously just two simple words, but it took almost his entire life of courage:

  "Sleep deserves better."

  "I've let you down," he said.

  "Wow—"

  As soon as the words fell, cold water splashed on his face, and the transparent liquid slowly dripped down Jiang Yao's delicate nose bridge, and his eyes couldn't be opened for a moment.

  Every eyebrow of Shu Qitianqi in front of him was trembling, his face was gloomy, so dark that water could almost drip.

  He supported his chest and took several deep breaths before he managed to remain calm, suppressed his anger, and said in a deep voice:

  "Jiang Yao, remember, what you said today is your own choice, and I will not force you again."

  Jiang Yao silently picked up a tissue and wiped off the water on his face. Although his movements were a bit embarrassing, it did not damage his handsomeness at all. On the contrary, because of being splashed with water, he revealed a smoother and fuller forehead, making his facial features more three-dimensional and refined.

  Shu Qitian looked at such a face, and knew that Jiang Yao had the capital to captivate his obsession, but this man was too cowardly, which displeased him:

  "But I want to tell you one thing, that is, Shu Mian never felt that you were incapable."

  Jiang Yao paused, and the tissue in his palm was instantly squeezed into a ball, and he listened to Shu Qitian angrily said to him in a daze:

  "Shu Mian told me that you have passed many exams and won many awards. You are the pillar and backbone of your company... Shu Mian, he admires you very, very much."

  Jiang Yao's heart skipped a beat, he looked at Shu Qitian in disbelief, his lips squirmed for a long time, and Fang said, "...Really?"

  Shu Qitian didn't answer Jiang Yao's words. His anger made him not want to say another word to Jiang Yao. He looked down at Jiang Yao who was silent, but finally he said coldly: