Chapter 68

Shu Mian's heart suddenly lifted: "Then what happened after that?"

  "Later..." Jiang Yao lowered his eyes: "Later, Mommy tried her best to save Dad from the kidnappers, but Dad has been left with serious psychological trauma since then. Because of the injury, his body also became weak, and even in the last month of pregnancy, he almost gave birth to me and my sister at the risk of dying."

  Jiang Yao stretched out his hand, and tapped the person on the phone screen:

  "My sister...is the one in the picture."

  "So you are twins...so she was called Jiang Yao at first, and you were called Jiang Yao. But now, why are you replacing her?" Shu Mian asked puzzled.

  Hearing this, Jiang Yao was silent for a moment, and after a long time, she moved her dry and sticky lips, and pulled out that old memory that was almost yellowing from her memory and said in a low voice:

  "Because she's sick."

  "From the day my father gave birth to my sister, my sister's health was not very good. When I was just born, I could only hear my crying in the ward, and my sister had bruises on her body. The doctor said that it might be because the twins fought in the abdomen, so my sister had bruises on her body."

  Shu Mian felt inexplicably tense when she heard the words, and was about to speak, but she heard Jiang Yao still hold on:

  "Since the day she was born, my sister has been in poor health. My grandfather was very worried, so he tried every means to make my sister get better, but he visited famous doctors, but there was no good result."

  "Just when the whole family was disheartened and desperate, a fortune teller told my grandfather that twins were an ominous symbol in ancient times..."

  Jiang Yao paused, skimmed over the scene he didn't want to mention, and continued:

  "So he proposed to let my sister and I swap fates, so that my sister might get better."

  "So, just the day before our full moon, grandpa changed our names. I became Jiang Yao, and she became Jiang Yao."

  "Maybe this kind of trick is really useful, and my sister got better miraculously. In order to avoid being recruited by the enemy again, my father and mommy sent her abroad, and the protection was very good. No one knew that the Jiang family had Jiang Yao. They only knew that the Jiang family had a youngest son named Jiang Yao—that was me."

  Jiang Yao...Jiang Yao....

  Shu Mian thought, it turned out that the Jiang family wanted Jiang Yao to bear the fate that originally belonged to "Jiang Yao". Such a heart-pounding discovery made Shu Mian suddenly realize that even though it was only a word difference, it was enough to show that the Jiang family attached great importance to this hard-won granddaughter.

  "However, although my younger sister has been growing up abroad, it may be the special bond between the twins. Our relationship has always been very good. I often go abroad to see her. We also planted white begonias in the garden together, and also raised a Samoyed named Gardenia."

  "During that time, it should be the happiest day in my life. Mommy told me to take good care of my sister. Dad will be happy only when my sister is happy."

  Jiang Yao didn't know that Shu Mian's expression gradually became ugly, and said slowly:

  "I've been doing this all the time. Until I was six years old, my sister and I were playing with butterflies in the garden. I caught a blue butterfly and wanted to share it with my sister. Unexpectedly, as soon as I turned around, I saw my sister fall down the stairs."