Ep 2 : Past memories

INT. EMIR'S LUXURIOUS HOME - EVENING

The grand entrance of Emir's home opens, and he steps inside, his demeanor still distant. His mother, LEYLA TARHUN, waits at the foyer, concern etched on her face. She walks towards him, her arms outstretched in a warm, welcoming gesture.

LEYLA
(smiling)
Emir, my dear, you're home.

Emir forces a small smile and hugs his mother briefly, his distance evident.

EMIR
(somberly)
Hello, Mother.

LEYLA
(noticing his mood)
Is everything alright, Emir?

Emir pulls away gently, his eyes avoiding hers.

EMIR
(quietly)
I'm just tired, Mother. Long day at the office.

LEYLA
(concerned)
Emir, you know you can always talk to me.

Emir nods, but his expression remains guarded.

CUT TO:

INT. EMIR'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Emir enters his dimly lit room, his footsteps echoing on the hardwood floor. The walls are adorned with dark-themed decor, and a large picture frame catches his attention. It's a photo of him with his late wife, NIHAN. He gazes at it, his eyes filled with a mixture of love and pain.

He moves to the other side of the bed and sits down, picking up a pillow. He holds it close to his chest, closing his eyes as he inhales deeply, as if trying to capture her scent once more. His face reflects the agony of his loss.

CUT TO:

INT. EMIR'S BEDROOM - LATER

Emir is still sitting on the bed, lost in his thoughts, when the door opens. Leyla enters, her expression a blend of understanding and concern.

LEYLA
(softly)
Emir, my heart aches to see you like this.

Emir looks up at his mother, his eyes tired but resolute.

EMIR
(weary)
I know you mean well, Mother. But I can't simply forget and move on.

LEYLA
(sitting beside him)
Emir, I'm not asking you to forget her. Nihan will always hold a special place in our hearts. But you deserve happiness too.

Emir's voice is tinged with frustration.

EMIR
(defiantly)
I've told you and Baba countless times, I won't marry again. Nihan was my life, and I can't imagine anyone else taking her place.

LEYLA
(softly)
I understand your pain, Emir. But your father is only worried about you. He wants to see you smile again.

EMIR
(bitterly)
Marrying someone else won't make me smile. It's not that simple.

Leyla places a gentle hand on Emir's cheek, looking at him with maternal love.

LEYLA
(earnestly)
No one can replace Nihan, Emir. But there's room in your heart for new love and new beginnings. Don't close yourself off from happiness.

Emir's eyes soften, a hint of vulnerability creeping in.

EMIR
(whispering)
I just... I don't know if I can ever let go, Mother.

LEYLA
(teary-eyed)
It's okay to take your time, my love. But remember, life is meant to be lived. And you deserve to live it fully.

Emir looks down, lost in his thoughts, his inner struggle evident on his face.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS.