Ep 73: Heartfelt confession

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM - NIGHT

Emir sits by Miral's bedside, listening to her heartbreaking confession. Miral's voice is weak, but her emotions are raw.

MIRAL
(teary-eyed)
Emir, you were my only happiness in life. From childhood, I felt overlooked by my parents because they favored Nihan. When she declared her love for you, they arranged your marriage. Nobody ever cared about my feelings. You were the one bright spot in my life, and they took it away from me and handed it to Nihan. Why wasn't I destined to be with you, Emir?

Emir listens, torn between sympathy and frustration.

EMIR
(softly)
Miral, things might have been different if I was ever aware about your feelings. But now I'm a married man, going to have a family soon.

Miral's voice quivers as she continues.

MIRAL
Emir...

CUT TO FLASHBACK:

INT. MIRAL'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY (FLASHBACK)

Miral, with a determined look on her face, had prepared to confess her love to Emir. But Nihan, overhearing her plans, confronted Miral.

NIHAN
(angry)
Miral, you can't take Emir away from me!

Miral's father intervened, preventing her from confessing her feelings to Emir.

MIRAL'S FATHER
(grimly)
Nihan will marry Emir, not you.

CUT BACK TO PRESENT:

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM - NIGHT

Miral's tears continue to fall as she relives the painful memories.

MIRAL
(whispering)
That's why I wasn't there on your wedding day, Emir. They locked me away, and I couldn't bear to see it.

Emir, conflicted by Miral's story, tries to find the right words to respond.

EMIR
(softly)
Miral, I understand your pain, but what happened in the past can't change now and I can't change the feelings in my heart. I love Reyhan and we're expecting a child. I can't change that either.

Miral's eyes well up with tears, and she looks away, struggling with her emotions.

Miral and Emir exchange a sorrowful look as they grapple with their complicated lives.

CUT TO

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - NIGHT

As emir comes out of Miral's room, Reyhan was sleeping on the beach at the hospital corridor.
Emir gently covers Reyhan with his overcoat, ensuring she's warm. He then sits down beside her, his eyes fixed on her peaceful face as she sleeps. His hand softly caresses her hair. A faint smile forms on his lips as he watches her sleep peacefully.

As the first rays of sunlight filter through the windows, Reyhan stirs, slowly waking up. She blinks her eyes open, and her smile widens when she realizes she's resting against Emir's shoulder. She leans over and places a tender kiss on his cheek.

REYHAN
(whispering)
You're so sweet, my dear husband.

Emir, still half-asleep, opens his eyes and returns her smile. Their moment is interrupted by the arrival of a NURSE.

NURSE
(gently)
Mr. Emir, the patient in room 204 is asking for you.

EMIR
(nods)
Thank you. I'll be right there.

Emir stands up, making sure Reyhan is comfortable on the bench. He then heads toward Miral's room.

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Emir enters Miral's room, where she's lying on the bed, feigning weakness. Miral smiles seductively as Emir approaches.

MIRAL
(softly)
Emir, could you help me sit up?

Emir obliges, gently lifting her into a seated position. Miral takes advantage of the proximity, subtly trying to get closer to Emir. Miral, though weakened, smiles at Emir, her eyes locking onto his. She is relishing the closeness between them.

MIRAL
(teasingly)
You're always so caring, Emir.

Just outside the room, Reyhan watches with a growing sense of unease. She decides to intervene.

REYHAN
(calling out)
Miral, if you need assistance, the nurses and helpers are here for that.

Miral's smile falters for a moment, but she quickly regains her composure. Emir, however, notices Reyhan's discomfort.

EMIR
(supportively)
Reyhan's right, Miral. We want you to get better soon.

Emir gently disentangles himself from the situation, leaving Miral to deal with her feelings on her own.

CUT TO:

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - CONTINUOUS

Reyhan watches as Emir exits Miral's room, feeling relieved that he didn't encourage Miral's advances. Emir returns to Reyhan's side, and they share a tender, reassuring look.

Now Miral got discharged from the hospital.

CUT TO
INT. MIRAL'S ROOM - DAY

Miral is seated near a table with a glass of water in front of her. She eyes the glass, plotting her next move. With calculated precision, she intentionally knocks over the glass, spilling water all over herself. The glass clatters to the floor.

EMIR, in another part of the house, hears the commotion and quickly rushes towards Miral's room.

EMIR
(concerned)
Miral, what happened?

Miral looks at Emir, her expression a mixture of distress and vulnerability.

MIRAL
(dramatically)
Emir, I... I spilled water all over myself. I'm so weak and clumsy; I can't even do simple tasks by myself.

Emir immediately assesses the situation and is genuinely concerned for her.

EMIR
(worried)
Are you alright? You should change your clothes.

Miral, however, has different intentions. She flashes a seductive smile at Emir, trying to manipulate the situation.

MIRAL
(seductively)
Emir, let Reyhan sleep. She needs her rest in this condition.

Emir, caught off guard by Miral's attempt to keep Reyhan away, hesitates for a moment.

EMIR
(uncertain)
Well, what should I do then?

Miral seizes the opportunity and directs Emir to a nearby drawer.

MIRAL
(smirking)
Take the towel from that drawer, Emir.

Emir follows her instructions, focusing on drying off the water from Miral's dress. As he's absorbed in the task, he's unaware of Reyhan's approaching footsteps.

Miral, however, keeps a close watch on Emir, hoping to get his attention and fuel her obsession further.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS. FOLLOW ME TO GIVE A LITTLE MOTIVATION.