Ep 36: Emir's inner conflict

INT. TARHUN HOUSE - DINING ROOM - MORNING

Reyhan, Emir, Hikmet, and Leyla are seated at the breakfast table. The room is filled with the clinking of utensils and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee.

Leyla gazes at Emir and Reyhan, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. She barely conceals her amusement.

LEYLA
(hiding her smile)
Wow! what a pleasant morning!

Emir looks at Reyhan, whispering.

EMIR
(whispering)
Reyhan, why is Mom looking at me like that?

REYHAN
(whispering back)
Well, it might have something to do with our little incident this morning.

EMIR
(whispering)
Now what? What do we do now?

LEYLA
(teasing)
Oh, my lovebirds, you've had quite some time to talk. Why not share some stories with us?

Emir, feeling awkward, quickly finishes his breakfast and stands up.

EMIR
I'm running late for the office. Goodbye, everyone.

Emir rushes out of the room, leaving Hikmet and Leyla chuckling.

HIKMET
(smirking)
What's gotten into him?

Reyhan, slightly flustered, tries to play it cool.

REYHAN
(smiling)
You know how Emir can be, Uncle.

Hikmet nods, and they continue their breakfast, with Emir's absence lingering in the air.

CUT TO

INT. EMIR'S OFFICE - DAY

Emir is engrossed in his work, typing on his computer when a PEON knocks on his cabin door, holding a package.

PEON
(softly)
Sir, a package for you.

Emir takes the package, nodding his thanks, and begins to open it. Inside, he finds an envelope. Curiosity piqued, he opens it to reveal a handwritten note: "Happy Birthday, Nihan."

Emir's eyes moisten as he reads the words. He pulls out a folded piece of paper and a CD from the envelope. He looks at the CD, then at the note, his heart heavy with memories.

Emir places the CD into his computer and starts playing it. The screen comes to life with a video, showing Emir and Nihan during happier times. The video is a montage of their special moments - from their proposal to their engagement and their wedding day.

As he watches each cherished memory, Emir's tears fall freely. His emotions overwhelm him, and he can't contain his grief. He stands up, pacing back and forth in his office.

EMIR
(whispering)
How could I forget your birthday, Nihan? It's such a special day for me, for us. No, no...

As he continues to wrestle with his emotions, there's a gentle knock at the door, and someone waits outside, unaware of the torrent of feelings raging inside Emir.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS.