Ep 47: Emir's stand for Reyhan

INT. EMIR'S OFFICE - DAY

Emir is engrossed in his work when suddenly, the door to his office opens, and Murat, Reyhan's brother, enters. Emir is visibly surprised by his unexpected presence.

EMIR
(raising an eyebrow)
Murat? What brings you here?

Murat appears nervous, and he takes a deep breath before speaking.

MURAT
(with sincerity)
Emir bey, I've come to apologize for everything I've done. I never gave Reyhan the love and support she deserved, but you, Emir bey, you accepted her as your wife, and for that, I am truly grateful.

Emir listens attentively, his expression softening as he recognizes the sincerity in Murat's words.

EMIR
(nodding)
I understand, Murat.

MURAT
(pleading)
Emir bey, please, I'm facing severe financial difficulties. Could you possibly offer me a job in your office? I need to provide for my family.

Emir considers Murat's request for a moment, then smiles reassuringly.

EMIR
(affirming)
Don't worry, Murat. I'll do my best to help. Starting tomorrow, you'll have a job here.

Murat's face lights up with gratitude, and he thanks Emir profusely for the opportunity.

CUT TO

INT. LIVING ROOM - DAY

Leyla informed Reyhan that the members of her community have invited themselves to their home. I have to go and sign some urgent documents in the study room till then will you please take care of our guests.

REYHAN (nodded)
Ofcourse aunty!

AFTER SOME TIME

The living room is abuzz with Leyla's friends chatting and laughing. Miral, Nihan's elder sister, is among the guests, and she decides to make a snide comment, addressing Reyhan.

MIRAL
(sarcastically)
Hello, Reyhan. How does it feel to be Emir's wife? Oops, I mean second wife.

Reyhan's expression tightens as the room erupts in laughter due to Miral's comment. She's visibly uncomfortable.

MIRAL
(to the crowd)
Reyhan here has acquired a new title, "second wife."

Just then, Emir returns from his office, noticing the tense atmosphere. He immediately walks up to Reyhan, taking her hand firmly in his.

EMIR
(addressing everyone)
Reyhan is my wife, and she deserves respect. Mind your words, Miral.

Miral tries to continue her taunts, but Emir's stern tone silences her.

MIRAL
Ohh my dear! You never took stand for Nihan as you're taking for Reyhan. Impressive!!

EMIR
(firmly)
Enough, Miral. I won't tolerate any disrespect towards my wife. This is not the place to discuss our family matters.

Emir, still holding Reyhan's hand, leads her away from the crowd, leaving behind a silenced room. Emir's protective stance shows his unwavering support for Reyhan, and they walk away hand in hand.

INT. CORRIDOR - CONTINUOUS

Emir and Reyhan move to a quieter corner of the corridor, away from the prying eyes and insensitive comments. Emir wears a concerned expression.

EMIR
(sincerely)
I'm sorry, Reyhan, that you had to face all of this.

Reyhan's eyes are filled with warmth and reassurance as she holds Emir's hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.

REYHAN
(smiling)
No, Emir, it's not like that. When you're with me, I feel like the safest person in the world.

Emir's face lights up with a smile, appreciating Reyhan's unwavering support. He extends his arms, inviting her for a warm hug.

Miral, who has been observing them with jealousy in her eyes, clenches her fists, determined not to let their happiness persist.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS.