Ep 98: Soft Moments

INT. EMIR AND REYHAN'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Emir and Reyhan are sitting on opposite sides of the bed, both appearing distant and guarded. The tension in the room is palpable. Suddenly, Emir starts sneezing uncontrollably, his sneezes coming one after the other.

Emir: (sneezing) Ah-choo! Ah-choo! Ah-choo!

Reyhan looks at him with concern and reaches for a box of tissues on the nightstand.

Reyhan: (worried) Emir, you need to take some medicine. You don't want to get sick.

Emir: (stubborn) I'll be fine. I don't need any medicine.

Emir sneezes again, even harder this time.

Reyhan: (smiling) You're not fine, Emir. Just take the medicine before you get a fever.

Emir: (defensive) Why do you even care? You don't consider me as your...

Reyhan raises an eyebrow, challenging him to finish his sentence.

Reyhan: (prompting) Your...what? Complete your words.

Emir: (frustrated) No, I... (and he sneezes again)

Emir: (teasing) As if you ever complete your words.

Reyhan (firmly): Just like you did recently.

Emir: (annoyed) Whatever, I don't care.

Reyhan: (equally stubborn) Yeah, well, I don't care either.

The room falls into an uneasy silence, both Emir and Reyhan avoiding eye contact, but there's a subtle undercurrent of something more beneath their bickering.

CUT TO

INT. EMIR AND REYHAN'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Reyhan wakes up in the middle of the night, her concern for Emir's health weighing on her. She quietly gets out of bed and tiptoes over to where Emir is sleeping on the couch. Hesitantly, she reaches out and places her hand on his forehead to check his temperature.

Reyhan's eyes widen in alarm as she feels the heat emanating from Emir. Just as she's about to withdraw her hand, Emir stirs and opens his eyes. They lock eyes for a moment, their faces mere inches apart, before Emir moves away slightly.

Emir: (hoarse) Reyhan...

Reyhan: (nervous) I came to check your temperature. You... you're burning up with fever.

Emir: (stubborn) I can handle it. You should go back to bed.

Reyhan: (determined) No. Tonight, you're going to sleep on the bed.

Emir raises an eyebrow, a hint of surprise in his feverish state.

Emir: (confused) On the bed? With you?

Reyhan: (quickly) Haha, no, not with me. I'll sleep on the couch.

Emir watches Reyhan with a mix of emotions - gratitude, confusion, and perhaps a glimmer of something more.

Emir lies on the bed, his feverish state causing discomfort. Reyhan returns with a wet towel and a bowl of cold water. She sits beside him, concern in her eyes, as she gently places the cold compress on his forehead.

Emir: (weakly) Reyhan, you're doing too much for me.

Reyhan: (softly) Close your eyes and sleep, Emir. Don't talk.

Emir obeys her, closing his eyes, while Reyhan continues her efforts to alleviate his fever.

CUT TO

INT. EMIR AND REYHAN'S BEDROOM - MORNING

The morning sun softly filters into the room, casting a warm glow. Emir stirs awake, his eyes gradually focusing on Reyhan, who is peacefully asleep beside him on the bed. He watches her for a moment, her hair falling gently over her face.

Emir smiles and, with a tender touch, extends his hand to gently tuck a stray strand of hair behind her ear. Just as he does, Reyhan stirs and awakens, her eyes meeting Emir's.

Reyhan: (concerned) How are you feeling?

Emir: (softly) Your presence is enough to heal me.

Reyhan forces a smile but seems taken aback by Emir's change in demeanor. She thinks to herself, "What happened to him? Yesterday, he was fighting with me, and now he's talking so softly."

Emir reaches out, taking her hand in his, and says sincerely, "Thank you for taking care of me."

Reyhan, feeling a bit shy, withdraws her hand and replies, "That was not a big deal, Emir".

CUT TO

INT. EMIR'S HOME - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Reyhan is busy at the office, attending to her work diligently. Emir, on the other hand, has decided to stay at home to rest and recover from his fever.

Suddenly, the door to Emir's room creaks open, and Elif, with a concerned expression on her face, enters. She approaches Emir, who is resting on the bed.

Elif: (worried) Baba, are you alright?

Emir: (smiling weakly) Of course, my princess, just a normal cold. Don't worry.

Elif: (softly) Can I sit here with you for some time?

Emir: (lovingly) Of course, my princess, come here.

Elif climbs onto the bed and snuggles up next to her father. They share a warm and affectionate hug, and, as the moments pass, they both drift off to sleep.

Meanwhile, Leyla, Emir's mother, who happens to be passing by Emir's room, notices this heartwarming moment between father and daughter. She can't help but smile at the sight.

Leyla quietly enters the room and, with her phone in hand, captures a picture of Emir and Elif peacefully asleep together. She then sends the photo to Reyhan, who is at the office, wanting to share this heartwarming moment with her. Reyhan's phone chimes, and she receives the picture message from Leyla.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS. FOLLOW ME TO GIVE A LITTLE MOTIVATION.