Ep 127: "You're Free!"

INT. EMIR'S STUDY ROOM - NIGHT

Emir sits alone, engulfed in darkness, holding his temples with frustration and sorrow evident on his face. The dimly lit room serves as a reflection of the turmoil in his mind. Leyla, passing by, notices her son's distress and quickly approaches him. Emir looks up at her, his eyes filled with pain and confusion. He stands up abruptly, and without saying a word, he embraces Leyla tightly, his body shaking with sobs.

LEYLA:
(concerned)
My dear, what happened? Tell me.

EMIR:
(choking back tears)
Mom, everything is over... my everything is over.

Leyla runs her hand through his hair, trying to comfort him.

LEYLA:
(soothingly)
No, no, don't say such things. Tell me what happened.

Emir pulls away from the hug, tears streaming down his face, his voice choked with sadness.

Emir:
(distraught)
Mom, Reyhan... she wants us to separate. She says she needs time, and she's even talking about taking Elif with her. I don't know what to do, how to convince her to stay, to stop all this.

Leyla listens attentively to her son's anguish, her heart aching for his pain.

CUT TO

INT. EMIR AND REYHAN'S LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

Emir and Leyla sit on the living room couch. Emir is calmer now, but his eyes still reflect his deep concern and sadness. Leyla holds his hand, reassuringly.

LEYLA:
Emir, I know this situation is very difficult and harsh as well. But think from Reyhan's point of view as well. Think about what she is going through at this time, what had to face that she reached this conclusion of separation.

Emir's expression softens as he tries to comprehend the complexity of Reyhan's emotions.

EMIR:
(frustrated)
But Mom, separation is not the solution. I can't just let her go. I can't bear the thought of being separated from Elif, or Reyhan.

Leyla places a comforting hand on Emir's shoulder, her gaze filled with compassion.

LEYLA:
I understand, my dear. Separation isn't the solution, but sometimes it acts as a bridge, helping two souls to understand each other more deeply. Sometimes, a little distance can pave the way for a stronger connection.

Emir's eyes glisten with unshed tears, and his voice wavers with emotion.

EMIR:
(tearfully)
But I love her, Mom.

LEYLA:
I know you do, Emir. And she loves you too. But sometimes, the more tightly you hold onto her, the more likely she try to escape from it. Let her have the space she needs, my dear. And, that's what love truly is.

Emir, though reluctant, begins to contemplate his mother's words, realizing that he may have to give Reyhan the time and space she's seeking.

CUT TO NEXT MORNING

INT. CORRIDOR - MORNING

Emir walks down the corridor, a heavy heart in his chest, while Reyhan emerges from their room. Their eyes meet by chance, and for a moment, the pain of their separation hangs in the air between them. Emir glances at Reyhan, but he quickly shifts his gaze away, unable to bear the intensity of the moment.

Reyhan's expression softens as she watches Emir move away. She takes a deep breath, her heart heavy with the realization of the distance growing between them. Reyhan stands there, alone in the corridor, grappling with the ache in her heart.

CUT TO

INT. THEIR BEDROOM - MORNING

Reyhan sits alone in their room, the soft morning light filtering in. She holds their wedding photograph, her fingers tracing Emir's side of the frame with a tenderness that speaks of her deep love. Reyhan's eyes are filled with a mixture of sadness and determination.

Reyhan:
(whispering)
Emir, you mean the world to me. You're more precious to me than my breaths. But the things happening around us are indicating that you're not happy in this relationship. You're seeking for something else, and I'm seeking for you. I can't hold onto you when you're not happy with me. If me and Elif are the barriers on your way to Seher, I will remove them for you, Emir, for your happiness. I will do everything.

Reyhan gently places the photograph back in its spot, a deep sadness in her eyes as she pours her heart out, willing to make sacrifices for the man she loves.

CUT TO

INT. TARHUN INDUSTRIES - OFFICE - DAY

Reyhan carefully holds the files, her focus on the tasks at hand, while Emir is preoccupied with his phone. In a sudden twist of fate, they collide with each other, the impact causing Reyhan to teeter on the brink of falling. With a reflexive motion, Emir swiftly grasps her arm, preventing her from losing her balance. Reyhan is taken aback, her eyes locked with Emir's. Their eyes meet, revealing the depth of sadness and pain they both carry within them.

Emir realizes the intensity of his grip on Reyhan's arm.

EMIR
(with a pained expression)
I think I held onto things so tightly.

Emir's grip on Reyhan's arm slowly loosens, and he reluctantly lets go.

EMIR
You're free.

His words strike Reyhan, causing her features to twist with a mix of pain and understanding.

Reyhan remains standing, her eyes reflecting the turmoil of conflicting emotions as she processes Emir's words. Reyhan's eyes reflect the deep hurt and sorrow she feels, but she remains silent. Emir turns and leaves the room, and Reyhan stands there, contemplating the significance of his statement.

The song "Ya Rabba Dede Koi Jaan Bhi agar." Was playing in the background. While the song was playing.