Ep 96: A dress for Reyhan

INT. EMIR AND REYHAN'S ROOM - NIGHT

Emir and Reyhan sit in silence, their anger simmering, creating an uncomfortable atmosphere. The tension in the room is palpable.

However, their mood shifts as Elif enters the room, her innocence and love breaking the icy barrier that had formed between her parents.

Emir's stern expression softens as he turns to her.

Emir: (smiling) My dear daughter.

Elif beams and rushes to her father, giving him a tight hug. Emir kisses her forehead affectionately.

Elif: (excitedly) Baba, are you free tomorrow?

Emir: (lovingly) Always for you, sweetheart. What do you need?

Elif: (mysteriously) It's a surprise, Baba. You'll see.

Emir chuckles, and Reyhan, although still upset, listens to the exchange between father and daughter, her heart torn between the love for her family and the turmoil in her relationship with Emir.

CUT TO NEXT DAY

INT. EMIR AND REYHAN'S LIVING ROOM - DAY

Emir and Elif return from their shopping trip, carrying bags filled with various items. Elif is bubbling with excitement and rushes over to Reyhan.

Elif: (excitedly) Mama, I got a dress for you!

Reyhan smiles at her daughter's enthusiasm and takes the dress from Elif's hand.

Reyhan: (grateful) It's so pretty, my princess. Thank you so much.

Reyhan leans down to kiss Elif's cheek, showing her appreciation for the thoughtful gift. Elif's face lights up with joy.

Elif: (turning to Emir) Baba, give your gift too!

Emir, a bit hesitant but just for Elif's sake, reaches out to Reyhan, extending a shopping bag toward her. Reyhan takes the bag, her expression still a bit guarded.

Elif: (encouragingly) Open the bag, mama!

Reyhan opens the bag and finds a beautiful blue dress inside. She looks at Emir, who is stealing glances at her, his eyes filled with hope.

Elif: (excited) Baba selected this for you, mama!

Reyhan's heart softens at the sight of the dress, and she finally allows a small, genuine smile to form on her face.

Reyhan pulls out the beautiful blue dress from the bag and holds it up, admiring the elegant fabric and design. Elif watches her mother's reaction with excitement, and Emir can't help but smile at the scene.

Reyhan: (softly, touched) It's lovely, Elif. Thank you, sweetheart.

Reyhan's smile widens, and she looks at Emir gratefully. Emir is relieved to see her appreciating the gesture but again feeling distant.

Elif: (grinning) I knew you'd like it, Mama!

Reyhan gently places the dress aside and then looks at Emir, her eyes softening.

Emir nods, and silently admired Reyhan's appreciation for the dress.

Emir (Hesitant) : Elif told me it might look good on you so..

Elif, sensing the tension in the room dissipating, claps her hands.

Elif: (excited) No baba! Don't lie you selected this dress on your own.

Emir felt a bit shy and moved his fingers through his beard.

Reyhan and Emir exchange a glance, and for a moment, they share a silent understanding.

CUT TO

INT. EMIR'S OFFICE - DAY

Emir is sitting at his desk, busy in his work. As Kerem storms into Emir's cabin.

Kerem: (accusingly) What do you think of yourself, Emir Tarhun?

Emir: (defensive) What are you talking about?

Kerem: (angry) How did you behave with Reyhan yesterday in the office? You disrespected her!

Emir's temper flares, and he retorts defensively.

Emir: (angered) She's my wife, Kerem! I know how to talk to her!

Kerem: (furiously) Your wife? (pauses, then continues with vehemence) She doesn't even love you! You left her when she was pregnant!

Emir's expression turns from confusion to shock as he tries to process Kerem's words. The weight of this revelation about his past actions and the state of his relationship with Reyhan begins to sink in, leaving him speechless and emotionally overwhelmed.

Emir: (defensive) Kerem, you don't know the whole story. You don't understand what happened during those years I can't remember.

Kerem shakes his head, frustration evident in his voice.

Kerem: (accusingly) That's just it, Emir. You can't remember, but Reyhan does. She had to go through those tough times alone, without your support.

Emir, still trying to piece together his fragmented memories, looks genuinely troubled by this revelation.

Kerem: (assertively) You never deserved a woman like Reyhan in your life, Emir. You left her when she needed you the most. Her pregnancy had complications, and you just walked away, leaving her in that condition. Now you're claiming to be her husband and Elif's father?

Emir, still trying to process the shocking revelation, remains silent.

Kerem: (continuing) I was there for them when they needed someone. I helped Reyhan during Elif's formative years. If you were to ask both of them who's more important in their lives, I'm sure they'd mention my name, Emir. So, think twice before calling yourself Elif's dad and Reyhan's husband. Consider what you've done.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS. FOLLOW ME TO GIVE A LITTLE MOTIVATION.