Ep 37: Reyhan comforting Emir

INT. EMIR'S OFFICE - DAY

After the knock on the door, a woman, enters Emir's office. Emir is taken aback, his eyes widening in surprise and shock.

EMIR
(stuttering)
M-Miral?

MIRAL
(resolute)
Yes, Emir. I thought you must have forgotten Nihan's birthday, so I'm here to remind you.

Emir is conflicted, emotions churning within him. He looks at Miral with a mixture of surprise and apprehension.

MIRAL
(continued)
Emir, have you ever considered the depth of pain you caused my sister by remarrying another woman? You were her everything. Have you forgotten her love for you?

Emir's expression is tense as he listens to Miral's words, her accusations hitting him hard. 

EMIR
(voice filled with remorse)
Miral, it's not like that... I still love Nihan.

Miral's eyes brim with tears as she listens to Emir's confession. She shakes her head in disbelief, her voice trembling.

MIRAL
(teary-eyed)
Love? Thank God she isn't alive to see how her love of life is now happy with someone else. Wherever she must be, Emir, she must be very upset with you. You betrayed her feelings, Emir.

With that, Miral turns and leaves Emir's cabin, leaving him alone with his regrets and the weight of his actions.

Emir, overwhelmed by the emotions collapses into his chair. He cradles his head in his hands and begins to weep silently, the weight of his actions and the guilt consuming him.

EMIR
(whispered, choked up)
What have I done...

Just as he's lost in his sorrow, his phone starts ringing, displaying Reyhan's name on the screen. Emir's irritation flares.

EMIR
(Angrily)
All this is because of her!!

And in a moment of frustration, he grabs the phone and hurls it to the floor. The phone shatters into pieces, mirroring the shattered state of his emotions.

CUT TO:

INT. TARHUN HOUSE - EMIR'S ROOM - EVENING

Emir returns home, still lost in his turmoil. Reyhan, ever polite and concerned, tries to engage with him, but he remains silent, walking past her and retreating into his room, leaving Reyhan confused by his uncharacteristic behavior.

CUT TO

INT. TARHUN HOUSE - EMIR'S ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Emir, consumed by his inner turmoil, lays on Nihan's side of the bed, tears streaming down his face. Reyhan enters the room, concern etched on her face. She approaches Emir gently and offers him a glass of water, which he accepts with a shaky hand.

REYHAN
(softly)
Emir, what's wrong? Are you okay?

Emir, still in emotional turmoil, takes a sip of the water and then grasps Reyhan's hand tightly, seeking solace.

EMIR
(voice trembling)
Reyhan, did I make a mistake marrying you? Did I betray Nihan's love for me? Tell me, Reyhan, am I doing wrong?

Reyhan, equally emotional, sits beside Emir, her eyes filled with understanding and compassion.

REYHAN
(tearfully)

No Emir.. when we love someone we never want to see the other person suffer because of us. Or hurting themselves because of us. Love doesn't mean to trap the other person in the web it is about let them live happily wherever they're. It's neither injustice nor wrong. Love is about wanting the best for the person you care about, even if it means letting them go.

Emir listens to Reyhan's words, his heart heavy with emotions and confusion, but her presence provides some comfort in this difficult moment.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS.