Ep 52: Reyhan's distress

INT. TARHUN HOUSE - CORRIDOR - DAY

Emir, looking visibly concerned and a bit exhausted, walks out of his room and encounters Leyla, who's passing through the corridor. Concerned by his demeanor and Reyhan's absence, Leyla inquires about their well-being.

LELYA:
(With genuine concern)
Emir, what happened? You both weren't seen after the doctor's appointment. Is everything alright? Even Reyhan didn't come downstairs for lunch.

Emir realizes the need to confide in his mother but also to protect Reyhan from any further distress. He gestures for Leyla to move a bit further from the room's entrance, ensuring that Reyhan can't overhear their conversation.

EMIR:
(Whispering, worried)
Mom, Reyhan and I received some tough news from the doctor. Reyhan's health condition makes it difficult for us to conceive a child. But we're not giving up, and we're exploring our options. Please, Mom, don't mention this to Reyhan right now. She's already upset, and I don't want to add to her worries.

Leyla's eyes widen in shock as she absorbs this unexpected revelation. She places a supportive hand on Emir's shoulder, understanding the gravity of the situation and the importance of protecting Reyhan.

LEYLA:
(Reassuringly)
Emir, I understand. We'll respect your decision and support you both in any way we can. Just remember, you're not alone in this. We're a family, and we face challenges together.

Emir nods, appreciating his mother's understanding and support during this trying time.

CUT TO

INT. TARHUN MANSION - LEYLA'S STUDY - DAY

Leyla sits at her desk, engrossed in a phone conversation with Miral, Nihan's elder sister. The room is dimly lit, and the air is heavy with the weight of their discussion.

LEYLA
(on the phone, hushed)
Miral, I had hoped that Emir would have a second marriage to secure the future of the Tarhun Group. I longed for an heir to carry on the legacy. Nihan's untimely departure shattered those dreams. Now, with Reyhan, it's clear she can't conceive. I'm at my wit's end, Miral.

Unbeknownst to Leyla, Reyhan is standing just outside the partially open door, her eyes wide in shock as she overhears her mother-in-law's conversation.

LEYLA
(continuing)
Miral, I fear I'm going to lose my mind over this. I've invested so much in Reyhan, but now it's evident she's not the right choice for Emir.

Reyhan slowly backs away from the door, the weight of Leyla's words sinking in.

MIRAL (ON THE PHONE)
(scheming)
Don't worry, Leyla. We'll find a way to remove Reyhan from Emir's life, just as I've always believed we should.

Reyhan, still reeling from the shocking revelation, retreats from the study, her world suddenly turned upside down.

INT. MIRAL'S LUXURIOUS APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Miral sits on her plush sofa, the room exuding an air of elegance. She dials a number on her smartphone, her expression bearing a sly, calculating look.

MIRAL
(speaking into the phone)
Hello, is this Murat?

CUT TO:

INT. MURAT'S MODEST APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Murat, Reyhan's brother, receives the call on his simple mobile phone.

MURAT
(answering the call)
Yes, this is Murat. Who is this?

The scene cuts as Murat and Miral prepare to have a discreet conversation that could have far-reaching consequences.

INT. TARIHUN MANSION - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Reyhan enters the living room, her mind racing from the shocking conversation she overheard between Leyla and Miral. She takes a deep breath, attempting to regain her composure.

Emir notices her distressed expression as she enters.

EMIR
(concerned)
Reyhan, is everything alright?

Reyhan nods slowly, doing her best to hide her inner turmoil.

REYHAN
(softly)
I'm fine, Emir.

EMIR
(gently)
You haven't eaten anything since morning. Let me get something for you to eat.

As Emir leaves the room to prepare food for Reyhan, she takes a moment to herself, grappling with the weight of the information she now carries.

REYHAN
(to herself, determined)
I can't tell you, Emir. I can't let you see your mother's true face. It could destroy your relationship with her. I won't let that happen.

Reyhan's decision to keep this secret for the sake of preserving Emir's relationship with his mother is evident in her resolute expression.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS