Ep 90: Come Back

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - OUTSIDE ICU - CONTINUOUS

Reyhan stands alone outside the ICU, watching the closed doors with a mix of hope and anxiety. She clutches her hands together, silently praying for Elif's successful surgery.

NURSE
(Sympathetic)
Miss Reyhan, I understand this is difficult, but you should rest too. Elif needs both her parents in good health.

REYHAN
(Forcing a smile)
You're right. I just... I can't help worrying.

NURSE
(Putting a hand on Reyhan's shoulder)
I assure you, our medical team is doing everything they can for Elif. She's in good hands.

Reyhan nods, finding some solace in the nurse's words. Just then, Emir returns, having reluctantly changed into hospital attire. His face is etched with worry.

EMIR
(Concerned)
Reyhan, how is she? What's happening inside?

REYHAN
(Reassuring)
Emir, they're doing their best. Elif is a strong girl. She'll pull through.

Emir nods, still visibly anxious, but he understands the need to remain strong for Elif. They wait together, their shared concern bringing them closer despite the tumultuous circumstances.

CUT TO:

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM - EMIR'S ROOM - CONTINUOUS

Emir sits on the hospital bed, lost in thought. The room feels sterile and unfamiliar, a stark contrast to the chaos surrounding Elif's surgery.

NURSE
(Gently)
Mr. Emir, you should try to get some rest. It will help you recover faster.

EMIR
(Distraught)
I can't rest knowing my daughter is in there. Please, just keep me updated.

The nurse nods, acknowledging Emir's concern, and quietly exits the room, leaving Emir alone with his worries.

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - OUTSIDE ICU - CONTINUOUS

Reyhan continues to wait, her heart heavy with concern for Elif. She looks at the closed doors of the ICU, silently willing her daughter to come through the surgery successfully.

CUT TO AFTER SOME DAYS

INT. HOSPITAL ROOM - ELIF'S RECOVERY ROOM - DAY

Elif lies in the hospital bed, still groggy from the surgery but wearing a brave smile. Emir, her loving father, sits beside her, his eyes filled with pride and adoration.

EMIR
(Tenderly)
You see, Elif, you're the true fighter. You came through this like a champ.

He lifts Elif gently into his strong arms, and she snuggles closer to him, feeling safe and loved.

Elif giggles softly, her voice weak but filled with joy.

ELIF
(Barely audible)
Because I have the best baba.

Reyhan, who has been watching this heartwarming scene from a distance, can't help but get emotional. Tears of happiness well up in her eyes as she thinks about her dream finally coming true.

REYHAN
(Whispering to herself)
That was my dream, Emir... to see you like this with Elif. It's become a reality now.

Emir notices Reyhan watching them and decides to include her in their happiness. He approaches Reyhan, holding Elif in his arms.

EMIR
(Smiling)
Elif, you've already made your mama so happy. Let's see if we can make her smile even more.

Emir carefully lifts Elif from the bed and carries her over to Reyhan, who is still teary-eyed.

EMIR
(Playfully)
Can you help make Mama smile, Elif?

Elif nods with enthusiasm, still holding that brave little smile.

ELIF
(Softly)
Mama.

Elif leans in and gives Reyhan a gentle kiss on the cheek. Reyhan's heart melts at her daughter's sweetness.

REYHAN
(Emotional)
Oh, Elif...

Emir watches this touching moment unfold, feeling a sense of warmth and unity he hasn't experienced in a long time.

ELIF
(Smiling)
Baba, now you kiss Mama.

Emir chuckles, feeling a bit awkward about Elif's request. He tries to diffuse the situation.

EMIR
(Playful)
Oh, my dear, you've made Mama very happy already. That's enough for now.

Reyhan and Emir share a moment, their eyes connecting, filled with unspoken emotions. Elif's successful surgery has brought them together in a way they couldn't have imagined.

CUT TO

INT. HOSPITAL CORNER - DAY

Emir and Reyhan find a quiet corner away from the hospital's bustle, where they can talk privately.

EMIR
(With sincerity)
Reyhan, I know things have become so complicated in the past few days.

REYHAN
(Nods)
Yes, I know, Emir. But seeing you with Elif, it feels... it feels so complete.

Emir smiles warmly at Elif's name.

EMIR
(With genuine emotion)
Yes, she's made me happy with her presence. It feels like I've been craving this for all those years.

Reyhan's eyes reflect a mix of emotions - happiness and worry.

REYHAN
(Concerned)
Emir, I want to know your decision after all this. You don't remember anything from your past, and I don't want to burden you with responsibilities.

EMIR
(Determined)
No, Reyhan. I want to be there for Elif. I want to be a part of her life. I want to go back to your home with you and Elif.

Reyhan nods, touched by his commitment.

REYHAN
(Softly)
Emir, you really want to come back to our home?

EMIR
(Resolute)
Yes, Reyhan. I want to remember everything about my past. That's the first step.

Reyhan smiles, her eyes shimmering with happiness, as she knows that their family is on the path to healing and reunion.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS. FOLLOW ME TO GIVE A LITTLE MOTIVATION.