Ep 136: Apologies

INT. TARHUN MANSION - BEDROOM - CONTINUOUS

Reyhan looks deeply into Emir's eyes, her affection and understanding shining through. She gently cups his face, her touch filled with tenderness, and leans in to kiss his forehead.

REYHAN
(whispering)
I believe in you, Emir.

Emir's eyes fill with gratitude as he smiles, his heart touched by Reyhan's unwavering support and love.

CUT TO NEXT DAY

INT. POLICE STATION - MORNING

Emir is at the police station, working on paperwork with his lawyer. As they complete the formalities, some police officers escort Doğan out of his cell. Doğan and Emir exchange intense glances.

Emir moves closer, standing in front of Doğan with a serious yet determined expression.

EMIR
(resolute)
You've caused so much pain to me and my family. By all rights, I should never consider setting you free. But the woman you shot few days back wants to give you a second chance to make amends. Reyhan wants me to grant you the recognition and title you deserve.

Doğan's eyes widen with surprise and relief.

DOĞAN
(emotional)
How is Reyhan? How's she...?

Emir's stern demeanor softens as he reassures Doğan.

EMIR
(assuring)
She's fine.

Doğan, overwhelmed with gratitude, finally finds the courage to admit his mistakes.

DOĞAN
(regretful)
Emir, I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I punished you for something you weren't even aware of. After Hikmet Tarhun's death, I turned you into the villain of my life... I was wrong... I blamed you for nothing...

Emir, letting go of the past, speaks with forgiveness in his voice.

EMIR
(forgiving)
Whatever it was, it's in the past now. I don't want to dwell on it any longer.

Emir's expression softens further, and he extends an olive branch, creating the path to reconciliation.

EMIR
(smiling)
There's a small family gathering today. I want you to be there. I don't want any misunderstandings between us.

Doğan nods, his smile genuine, and he accepts the opportunity for a fresh start.

DOĞAN
(appreciative)
Thank you, Emir. I'd like to be there.

The tension between them begins to ease, as they both look forward to a new chapter of understanding and forgiveness.

CUT TO

INT. TARHUN MANSION - FAMILY GATHERING - NIGHT

Reyhan, dressed in a lovely yellow dress adorned with white dots, descends the staircase, her hand held by Emir to support her. She playfully protests.

REYHAN
(teasing)
Emir, I can walk on my own.

Emir, with a smile, holds his ground.

EMIR
(tenderly)
Shh... I want to take care of every small thing.

Reyhan smiles and can't help but tease him.

REYHAN
(teasing)
You look so cute when you talk like this.

Emir returns the smile, their love evident in their playful banter. Together, they continue down the stairs.

Just then, Doğan arrives and addresses Emir and Reyhan with sincerity.

DOĞAN
(grateful)
Emir, Reyhan, I'm so happy for you. Reyhan, I'm so sorry... I mean, "sorry" is a very small word to express my apologies, but I genuinely feel guilty for my every action.

Reyhan responds with grace and compassion.

REYHAN
(understanding)
Doğan, I don't want to judge you solely based on your past actions. You deserve the happiness and recognition you seek.

Doğan appreciates Reyhan's understanding and shifts his attention to Emir.

DOĞAN
(humble)
Emir, I don't need that name or recognition now, not after everything I've done. I shouldn't even be standing here, but I needed to come to say that Im really sorry for my actions.

Just after that, Seher joins the gathering and exchanges greetings with Emir and Reyhan. However, upon seeing Doğan, her expression changes, and she avoids making eye contact with him.

Doğan looks at Seher with all the love in his heart, hoping to make amends for the past. The gathering is filled with complex emotions and the possibility of healing old wounds.

Now, Seher stands in a peaceful corner of the party, lost in her thoughts, just then Emir approaches her. He smiles warmly.

EMIR
(sincere)
Seher, after everything, I haven't had a chance to thank you for everything you've done.

Seher looks at Emir with a hint of playfulness.

SEHER
(teasing)
You don't have to, Emir. Sometimes, you act like an emotional, dramatic actress.

Emir laughs, acknowledging the truth in Seher's words.

EMIR
(laughing)
Well, I think you're the only one who has seen that side of me.

Emir's tone becomes more serious as he addresses Seher.

EMIR
(resolute)
Seher, I don't know if I should say this, but Doğan is a different person now. He no longer seeks the things he wanted his whole life. As your friend, I'd suggest you talk to him. You've been carrying that emotional burden for so long; it might be time to release it.

Seher listens attentively, her emotions complex.

SEHER
(reserved)
Doğan is not a man who deserves to be spoken to.

Emir respects Seher's perspective but continues to offer his support.

EMIR
(respectful)
It's okay if you don't feel the same. But I want to see you happy in your life.

Emir's words convey his genuine concern for Seher's well-being, and he leaves her to her thoughts, allowing her to make her own choices regarding Doğan.

Doğan stands at a distance, his gaze fixed on Seher, longing to speak to her but unable to find the words. Meanwhile, Elif is playing with her friends when she accidentally falls, knocking herself.

BOTH Seher and Doğan immediately rush to help her, kneeling down beside her.

DOĞAN
(gently)
Are you okay? Did you get hurt?

Elif shakes her head, her innocence shining through.

ELIF
(giggling)
No, Uncle, thank you so much!

Elif runs off to rejoin her friends, leaving Seher and Doğan in an intense exchange of glances. As Seher stands to leave, Doğan reaches out to stop her.

DOĞAN
(earnest)
Wait, Seher...

Seher pauses and turns to face Doğan. He takes a few steps toward her, the weight of his past actions heavy on his shoulders.

DOĞAN
(resolute)
Seher, I won't say I'm sorry, because I know that the wounds I've caused you can't be healed by mere words. I won't try to justify or explain my actions either. I know I was wrong that even a lifetime of trying to make amends wouldn't be enough. I hurt you, and I accept that I deserve to bear the weight of my actions throughout my life.

Seher listens intently, her expression a mix of understanding and pain.

SEHER
(calm)
Doğan, what you did, you thought was right. But it wasn't. It was a selfish act that you failed to consider your own child. You didn't realize that if that baby had come into this world, you would have repeated the same actions that Hikmet Tarhun did to you and your mother. The pursuit of fame blinded you completely.

Seher's words carry a weight of truth and compassion, a reflection of the pain and turmoil that both of them have endured.