Ep 116: Moon and Stars

Emir and Reyhan had just returned to their bedroom after a wonderful dinner together. As Emir moved closer, gently holding Reyhan's waist, he whispered to her with a loving smile.

EMIR
(whispering)
It's just you and me...

Their moment was interrupted by Elif, who entered the room.

ELIF
(excited)
Baba, Mama, how was your dinner?

Emir and Reyhan abruptly moved apart, sharing an amused glance. Emir tried to hide his frustration, rolling his eyes but he answered with a warm smile.

EMIR
(grinning)
It was wonderful, my dear.

Reyhan chimed in, concerned about Elif's well-being.

REYHAN
(caring)
Elif, have you eaten your dinner?

Elif hesitated, her gaze lowered, which made Reyhan realize the truth.

REYHAN
(gently)
What about your homework, Elif?

Elif hesitated, her gaze falling to the floor, and Reyhan immediately understood that Elif had skipped her homework.

Reyhan, with a gentle but firm tone, instructed Elif to return to her room and start doing her homework. Elif obediently left the room. Emir, witnessing Reyhan's motherly demeanor, advised her to be gentle with Elif, reminding her that their daughter was just a child.

EMIR
(Concerned)
Be gentle to her, Reyhan.. She's just a kid.

REYHAN
(nodding)
I know, Emir. It's just that we need to strike a balance. Sometimes a little strictness is necessary. But don't worry; I'll handle it.

Emir acknowledged her wisdom and replied.

EMIR
(smiling)
Of course, I can't say anything between a mother and her daughter.

INT. ELIF'S BEDROOM - EVENING

Reyhan and Elif are both huddled together on the bed, engrossed in their homework. The room is filled with the soft glow and the atmosphere is cozy and warm.

Elif yawns sleepily and rubs her eyes.

ELIF
(sleepily)
Mom, I'm getting tired.

Reyhan looks at her daughter with a warm smile.

REYHAN
(softly)
I know, sweetheart. Let's finish this page, and then I'll tuck you in.

After some time, Reyhan and Elif are peacefully asleep, surrounded by scattered papers and open textbooks, lost in their homework.

The door to the room opens silently, and Emir enters with a soft, affectionate smile. He carefully approaches Reyhan, who is curled up beside Elif, her arm protectively draped over their daughter.

Emir gently walks up to Reyhan and leans down to whisper in her ear.

EMIR
(whispering)
Reyhan, let's go.

Reyhan turns to look at him, a bit surprised by his sudden appearance.

REYHAN
(whispering)
Where?

Emir reaches out and takes her hand, coaxing her to stand.

EMIR
(whispering)
Just come with me.

He leads her out of Elif's room, leaving the young girl to peacefully drift off to sleep.

CUT TO

INT. EMIR AND REYHAN'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Emir and Reyhan enter their dimly lit room. Emir has a soft, affectionate smile on his face, illuminated by the subtle glow of the moonlight filtering through the curtains.