Ep 131: Divorced?

INT. TARHUN HOUSE - MORNING

Reyhan is coming downstairs, holding Doğan's hand with a huge suitcase. As they reach the bottom, Emir, just entering the house, freezes in disbelief, his face contorted with anger. He clenches his fists.

EMIR
(through gritted teeth)
Reyhan, what's happening here?

Reyhan looks Emir in the eyes, determination in her gaze.

REYHAN
(resolute)
Emir, I'm done with you. I can't live with you anymore. I've already told you I want a divorce.

Emir is taken aback, his anger mixing with shock.

EMIR
(confused and hurt)
Why are you holding hands with him?

Reyhan's grip on Doğan's hand tightens.

REYHAN
(firm)
I'm with Doğan now, Emir.

Emir's disbelief is evident.

EMIR
(angrily)
What? That's not possible!

REYHAN
(sincere)
It is, Emir. Believe it or not.

Reyhan hands Emir the divorce papers, her eyes unwavering.

REYHAN
(handing over the papers)
Here, sign them.

Emir, already hurt and angry, snatches the papers and signs them hastily. He forcefully throws them onto Reyhan's face.

EMIR
(frustrated)
Here, take them and get out of my house. I can't bear to look at a woman who can never value love and emotions. I thank God that Elif isn't here; she'd be devastated to see her mother's true face.

Reyhan gathers her strength, takes the signed papers, and leaves, her resolve unshaken. She turns away from Emir and, with Doğan by her side, walks out of the house, leaving Emir standing in the wake of a broken marriage.

CUT TO

INT. DOĞAN'S FARMHOUSE - DAY

Reyhan and Doğan enter Doğan's fancy farmhouse. Reyhan is still holding onto her suitcase, looking around the unfamiliar surroundings.

DOĞAN
(softly)
Reyhan, I will make all the arrangements for the wedding. Until then, you can stay here.

Reyhan nods with a faint smile.

REYHAN
(grateful)
Thank you, Doğan.

Doğan's expression turns more serious.

DOĞAN
(smiling)
So... I have to leave. There's something big I need to do with Tarhun's.

Reyhan's eyes widened in shock as he hesitantly asked.

REYHAN
What? What are you planning now?

Doğan can't help but smile mischievously.

DOĞAN
(smiling)
You want to see...? Come with me.

Doğan held her hand to take her with him.

CUT TO
INT. TARHUN INDUSTRIES OFFICE - MEETING ROOM - DAY

The board members and investors gather around a large table, a somber atmosphere in the room. Emir, standing at the head of the table, looks anxious.

REYHAN and DOĞAN enter the room hand in hand, their presence immediately catching Emir's eye. He's hurt to see them together, a pang of jealousy and sadness washing over him.

Emir tries to maintain his composure as he notices Reyhan and Doğan, but his inner turmoil is evident.

BOARD MEMBER 1
(gravely)
Mr. Emir, the board members and the investors are losing confidence in Tarhun Industries. They have expressed their doubts about the company's potential and are considering withdrawing their support and investments. They're not interested in further investments. It seems they have lost faith in the potential of this company.

Reyhan, her heart sinking, watches Emir's reaction. She's hurt and shocked to see him in such a dire situation, but she's unable to intervene and do something in his favour.

Emir stands there, his gaze lowered, his usual air of confidence shaken, as if he's on the brink of losing everything he has worked for.

The board members were leaving. Emir was looking anxious and tense. Doğan turns to Reyhan with a reassuring nod.

DOĞAN
(whispering)
I'll be back.

Reyhan watches Doğan's departure, her concern for Emir is evident. As the room empties, Emir, unable to contain his anger and frustration, loses control. He grabs a metal piece from nearby and smashes it onto the large meeting table, causing it to break. The loud crash startles Reyhan, and she gasps.

One of the pieces from the broken table hits Emir on the head, causing him to bleed. Reyhan, despite their strained relationship, can't help but be concerned.

REYHAN
(worried)
Emir... Emir, let me look at that.

Emir, in his fury and pain, pushes her away.

EMIR
(angered)
Don't you dare touch me. Just go back to your lover. I don't want to see you.

Reyhan, deeply hurt by Emir's harsh words, fights back her emotions but she composes herself, understanding the weight of the situation. Without uttering a word, she turns and leaves the room, her steps heavy with the weight of Emir's shattered emotions.

The room remains silent, except for the echoes of the past that linger, and Emir's gaze shifts to the broken table, a symbol of the chaos that has taken over his life.

Emir standing alone clutches his bleeding hand, a mix of anger, frustration, and regret etched on his face.

CUT TO

INT. DOĞAN'S FARMHOUSE - LIVING ROOM - DAY

Reyhan and Doğan are in the living room of Doğan's farmhouse. Reyhan approaches Doğan from behind and speaks softly.

REYHAN
(Firmly)
Doğan, you didn't have to manipulate the board members against Emir.

Doğan turns to face Reyhan, his expression defensive.

DOĞAN
(defensive)
Why are you saying this? Just a few days ago, you wanted to take revenge on him, and now you're acting like...

Reyhan interrupts him, her voice filled with conviction.

REYHAN
(assertive)
Doğan, revenge doesn't justify using the wrong methods. What you did was not right.

Doğan sighs and concedes.

DOĞAN
(sincere)
You're right. I believe you, Reyhan. I promise to do everything as you say. I'll be the best husband.

Reyhan hesitates for a moment, then speaks with compassion.

REYHAN
(softly)
I know, Doğan, you're not a bad person. The pursuit of power and recognition led you down this path, making you someone you're not. You even rejected Seher and your own child for all of this. Please, just stop being like this.

Doğan looks at Reyhan, his resolve firm.

DOĞAN
(determined)
I promise, Reyhan. I will change. I'll become a better person.

Reyhan forces a smile and leaves the room, leaving Doğan to contemplate the choices he's made and the path he's set on.