Ep 128: It Hurts!

INT. EMIR AND REYHAN'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

Reyhan was lying on the bed, sobbing quietly, her emotions overwhelming her. The door creaks open, and Emir steps into the room. As Reyhan hears his presence, she quickly turns her face away, attempting to hide her tears from him.

Emir's gaze falls upon Reyhan, noticing her turned face. He takes a few hesitant steps forward, and it becomes evident that Reyhan's actions have wounded him deeply. He interprets it as her attempt to avoid his gaze, not wanting to see his face. The sight of her rejection stings deeply, adding to the pain he's already carrying within.

Emir walks over to the closet, silently retrieving a quilt. Reyhan remains on the bed, her back turned to him as she continues to sob. Emir, unaware of the inner turmoil plaguing his wife, collects a pillow from the other side of the bed.

With a heavy heart, Emir leaves their bedroom, choosing to sleep somewhere else in the house, leaving Reyhan alone with her tears.

Reyhan, realizing Emir's decision to sleep separately, immediately sits up in bed, her heart heavy with the growing distance between them.

CUT TO NEXT MORNING

INT. OFFICE CAFETERIA - MORNING

Reyhan is in the office cafeteria, heading to the coffee station. She suddenly turns and is taken aback by the sight of Doğan standing closely behind her. Reyhan jumps and exclaims in surprise.

REYHAN
(startled)
You scared me!

Doğan flashes a playful smile and responds.

DOĞAN
(smirking)
Well, I do carry that personality, making people scared.

Reyhan's tone is a bit annoyed as she questions him.

Reyhan: What do you want?

DOĞAN
(casual)
Why do you always assume I want something... especially from you. Are you the richest person around here?

Reyhan rolls her eyes in response and keeps moving to the cafeteria table. Doğan follows her, sitting across from her. He continues the conversation.

DOĞAN
(casual)
Reyhan, I just wanted to know if you're okay, I mean everything that happened...

Reyhan brushes off his concern, keeping her distance.

Reyhan
(dismissively)
Please, Doğan, it's my personal matter.

Doğan responds to Reyhan's dismissal by acknowledging his misstep.

DOĞAN
(apologetic)
Okay, my bad. But, Reyhan, I just wanted you to know that Emir and Seher were together on his birthday night. I mean, Seher and I are college friends, and I just went there for a casual visit, and Emir was coming out of her house. It was very late at night.

Reyhan's expression changes to one of concern and suspicion as she hears this.

REYHAN
(doubtful)
What were you doing at her house that late at night? Nobody pays casual visits that late.

Doğan appears stressed and hesitant, trying to hide something. He quickly changes the subject by showing Reyhan a photo on his phone.

DOĞAN
(diverting) Look, Reyhan, Seher posted this picture with Emir.

Reyhan takes his phone and sees the photo. It's a picture of Emir holding a homemade cake with a candle on it, and Seher took a selfie of them standing on a balcony at night. The caption reads, "Happy Birthday Emir 🎂😍❤️."

Reyhan's expression turns from shock to hurt as she processes the image of Emir and Seher together. She hands back the phone to Doğan with a distant gaze.