Ep 16: Reyhan's day in office

INT. TARHUN INDUSTRIES - EMIR'S OFFICE - MORNING

Emir sits behind his desk in his well-appointed office, engrossed in his work. Just then, there's a knock on the door.

REYHAN
(voice)
Emir?

Emir looks up, slightly surprised to see Reyhan at his office door.

EMIR
(curious)
Yes, come in.

Reyhan enters, a professional demeanor about her. She stands before his desk, her posture composed.

REYHAN
(polite)
I'm here as Hikmet Uncle told me to assist you with whatever tasks you need help with.

Emir leans back in his chair, his gaze assessing Reyhan.

EMIR
(nods)
Alright, then. Have a seat.

Reyhan's response is unexpected.

REYHAN
(declining)
No, thank you. Please just let me know what I can do to assist you.

Emir raises an eyebrow, slightly taken aback by her refusal to sit. He observes her for a moment, his expression unreadable.

EMIR
(slightly amused)
Fine, then. If that's what you prefer. Stay standing. From now on you won't sit down when I'm around in the office.

Reyhan's gaze meets his, her response prompt.

REYHAN
(Rolling her eyes)
Okay, I won't.

A tension hangs in the air as their dynamic begins to shift within the office space.

After some time

Emir watches as Reyhan stands before him, her determination evident. He leans back, amusement in his eyes.

EMIR
(nonchalantly)
Reyhan, could you fetch the file from the cupboard over there?

Reyhan nods, stepping toward the nearby cupboard. As she tries to reach for the file on the top shelf, her fingers just barely brush against it, unable to grasp it due to her height.

Emir leans forward in his chair, a playful smirk on his lips.

EMIR
(teasingly)
Ohh, Miss, you won't be able to reach that. 

Reyhan's pride kicks in, and she straightens up with determination.

REYHAN
(resolute)
No, I will.

She quickly locates a nearby chair and places it beneath the shelf. Climbing onto the chair, she stretches her arm to reach the file, her expression focused.

Just as she's about to successfully retrieve the file, Emir's keen observation kicks in. He notices the chair losing its balance, and his eyes widen in alarm.

EMIR
(urgent)
Reyhan, careful!

Reacting swiftly, Emir springs from his chair and rushes to Reyhan's side. Just as the chair begins to tip, Emir's strong arms encircle her, pulling her into a protective embrace.

Their eyes lock, their faces inches apart. Time seems to pause as they share a gaze that is intense and romantic as well.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS.