Ep 107: Emir's regret

INT. DOCTOR'S OFFICE - DAY

DOCTOR
(noting Reyhan's blood pressure)
Does she have a history of blood pressure issues?

Once again, Kerem provides the information.

KEREM
Yes, Doctor. Occasionally, she experiences high blood pressure, especially during stressful times. 

Emir remains silent, his thoughts filled with concern for Reyhan's health and a growing realization of his own shortcomings in looking after her.

DOCTOR
(looking at Emir and Kerem)
She needs rest and stress reduction as well. Keep an eye on her stress levels.

Emir nods, feeling frustrated that he wasn't able to tell details about Reyhan which as a husband he should know but kerem gave all the information so quickly.

CUT TO

INT. REYHAN'S HOSPITAL ROOM - DAY

Reyhan lies in her hospital bed, looking visibly better than before. She's propped up on pillows, and Kerem enters the room, concerned about her health.

KEREM
(softly)
Reyhan, how are you feeling?

Reyhan smiles weakly, appreciating Kerem's presence.

REYHAN
(breathing easier)
Better, thank you.

As she glances at the bedside table, she spots a beautiful bouquet of lilies. Curiosity piqued, she reaches for them, but as she touches the flowers, she starts sneezing uncontrollably.

Kerem swiftly reacts, grabbing the flowers from her hands and taking a whiff.

KEREM
(discovering)
Lilies... Reyhan, you're allergic to lilies!

Just then, Emir enters the room, looking concerned. Kerem confronts him in frustration.

KEREM
(angry)
Emir, who brought these flowers? Don't you know Reyhan is allergic to lilies?

Emir's face falls as he realizes his mistake, feeling guilty for unintentionally causing Reyhan discomfort.

EMIR
(apologetic)
I did, Kerem. I didn't know about her allergy.

Kerem, not holding back, disposes of the lilies in a nearby trash bin, making sure they're out of Reyhan's reach. Emir watches with a hint of sadness, regretting his choice of gift.

KEREM
(scolding)
You need to be more careful, Emir. Reyhan's health is the priority here.

Reyhan, though relieved the flowers are gone, notices the mixed emotions on Emir's face, understanding that he had meant well with the gift.

REYHAN
(softly)
It's okay, Emir. Thank you for the gift.

Emir nods, still feeling remorseful for his oversight. He was feeling guilty for causing Reyhan discomfort, doesn't say a word. He quietly turns and leaves the room.

Reyhan watches him leave, concern in her eyes. She wishes she could communicate her understanding and appreciation for his well-intentioned gesture.

Reyhan turns to Kerem, who's still in the room, and voices her thoughts about the discarded flowers.

REYHAN
(slightly sad)
Kerem, you shouldn't have thrown them into the bin.

Kerem, ever the protector, remains steadfast in his decision.

KEREM
(resolute)
Reyhan, it was necessary. Your allergic reaction could have been severe.

Reyhan understands Kerem's logic, but her empathy for Emir tugs at her heart. She hopes that this incident doesn't deepen the wedge between her and Emir, who's already been going through so much.

KEREM
(quietly)
Reyhan, you shouldn't blame yourself for this. Emir didn't know about your allergy.

Reyhan looks at Kerem and then at the empty vase where the lilies used to be.

REYHAN
(softly)
You're right, Kerem. But he left without saying a word...

Kerem understands the complexity of the situation.

KEREM
(supportive)
He's probably just feeling guilty. Don't worry; he'll come around.

Reyhan nods, hoping that Emir will understand that it was the thought that mattered most to her.

CUT TO:

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - CONTINUOUS

Emir, feeling dejected, stands outside Reyhan's room, struggling with his emotions. He's conflicted, wanting to be there for Reyhan yet unable to face her or Kerem at the moment.

Emir takes a deep breath and begins walking away, the weight of the situation pressing on him.

Reyhan watches the door, knowing that Emir was there but chose to give him some time. She sighs, hoping that time will heal the wounds between them.

CUT TO

INT. HOSPITAL CORRIDOR - CONTINUOUS

Emir paces back and forth, his mind filled with a mix of worry, frustration, and regret. He hits his hand against the wall in a moment of frustration, causing a small cut that begins to bleed.

As he stands there, nursing his injured hand, a YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL DOCTOR, Dr. Seher, approaches him with concern.

DR. SEHER
(softly)
Oh, your hand! You need first aid. Let me help you.

Emir looks up, slightly surprised by her sudden appearance. He follows her to a nearby couch, where she begins to tend to his hand.

DR. SEHER
(curious)
So, what brings you here to the hospital?

Emir, a bit distracted but willing to engage in conversation, replies.

EMIR
(slightly bemused)
Actually, my wife is here.

DR. SEHER
(nods)
I see. Your good name?

EMIR
(smiling)
Emir... Emir Tarhun.

Dr. Seher smiles in return.

DR. SEHER
(teasing)
I'm Dr. Seher. Although, it's written on my coat.

Emir chuckles, the brief exchange providing a momentary distraction from the tension he's been feeling.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS. FOLLOW ME TO GIVE A LITTLE MOTIVATION.