Ep 97: Favourite Person

INT. EMIR'S OFFICE - CONTINUOUS

Kerem: (defiantly) Reyhan needed you only for Elif's bone marrow transplant because, unfortunately, you're Elif's biological father. Otherwise, she doesn't even look at you. (pauses) I... I deserve to be with Reyhan and Elif, not you, Emir. I've loved Reyhan since the first day I met her. (firmly) I won't let you come between us, Emir.

Emir clenches his fists, his mind racing as he struggles to process Kerem's confession. The room becomes charged with tension as Emir faces the reality of what's been happening in his absence.

The drama unfolds as Emir grapples with the shocking revelations and the newfound knowledge of Reyhan's relationship with Kerem.

As Kerem exits Emir's cabin, Emir is left alone, his emotions overwhelming him. He staggers back, his heart racing, and begins to struggle for breath. His hands tremble as he frantically loosens his tie, gasping for air.

Emir: (whispering) Reyhan... don't even love me?

He clutches his chest as if trying to calm his racing heart. Emir's world is crumbling as the weight of Kerem's revelations sinks in, and he's left questioning everything he thought he knew.

CUT TO

INT. REYHAN'S CABIN - DAY

Emir enters Reyhan's cabin to find Kerem already sitting there. His face tightens with unease, but he keeps his emotions in check.

Emir: (stoic) Reyhan, I'm not feeling well today. Please handle the meeting with the investors.

Before Reyhan can respond, Emir swiftly closes the door behind him and exits the room, leaving behind an air of tension and confusion.

Reyhan and Kerem exchange a glance, Reyhan sensing that something significant is troubling Emir.

CUT TO

INT. ELIF'S ROOM - EVENING

Reyhan enters Elif's room and unintentionally overhears a heartwarming conversation between Emir and Elif. Emir, with tears in his eyes, tries to understand the depth of Elif's love for him.

Emir: (teary-eyed) Elif, how much do you love me?

Elif, wiping away Emir's tears with her tiny hands, responds with pure affection.

Elif: Baba, I love you the most. Please, Baba, don't cry.

Emir: (gently) Elif, what about Kerem uncle?

Elif, still hugging her father tightly, answers sincerely.

Elif: Kerem uncle is my best friend, Baba, but you're my world. Nobody can take your place.

Emir's voice trembles as he continues, revealing his inner fears.

Emir: (voice cracking) What if... what if your Mama chose Kerem uncle over me?

Elif becomes emotional and clings to her father even tighter, reassuring him.

Elif: (tearfully) Baba, you're my favorite person in the whole wide world. I won't leave you ever.

Emir, deeply moved by Elif's words, continues to hold her close, overwhelmed with love and gratitude.

Reyhan, hidden from view, listens to the conversation between Emir and Elif.

Reyhan thinks to herself, "Why does Emir keep asking Elif such questions? I've already told him that there's nothing between me and Kerem. Does he still not trust me?" She sighs, feeling the weight of the misunderstandings and insecurities that have crept into their relationship.

CUT TO

INT. HALLWAY OUTSIDE ELIF'S ROOM - EVENING

Emir exits Elif's room, and Reyhan immediately catches his arm, leading him to a quiet corner. Reyhan is determined to address the issue.

Reyhan: (concerned) Emir, what's going on in your mind? Do you still believe I'm involved with Kerem?

Emir remains somewhat distant, his frustration evident.

Emir: (defensive) I don't want to talk about it. My eyes have seen enough.

Reyhan, determined to clarify, insists.

Reyhan: (earnestly) Emir, I'm not finished yet. Please, listen to me. Kerem is just a friend, nothing more.

Emir's anger flares again.

Emir: (agitated) Did I ask you to make excuses?

Reyhan looks at him with a mix of frustration and hurt as she tries to make him understand her perspective.

Emir: (emotionally) Reyhan, I know I was absent from your life. I didn't remember anything. Is that my fault? Is this how you want to punish me?

Emir's words hang in the air as she waits for Emir's response, hoping he will see her side of the story.

Reyhan's eyes fill with tears as she speaks sincerely, trying to convey her feelings to Emir.

Reyhan: (emotionally) Emir, I never blamed you for anything. Whatever happened, it's in the past.

Emir maintains a stern demeanor.

Emir: (firmly) Also, I never expected anything from you as my wife either. But Reyhan, society still addresses us as husband and wife. It would be better if you maintained some decorum in public, especially when you're with Kerem.

Reyhan, not backing down, suddenly grabs Emir's collar, bringing their faces inches apart. Her voice quivers with intensity.

Reyhan: (determined) Emir, if I wanted to be with Kerem, I would have done it years ago. I wouldn't have waited for you for seven years. And if I wanted to be with Kerem now, I would be. But I don't want that, Emir. (pauses) Because I still...

Emir locks eyes with her, eager to hear her finish her sentence.

Emir: (urgently) Still... what, Reyhan? complete your words.

Reyhan releases Emir's collar and takes a step back.

Reyhan: (resigned) You won't understand it, Emir. Just forget it.

Reyhan walks away, leaving Emir standing there, his mind filled with questions and unresolved emotions.

IF YOU LIKED READING THIS EPISODE PLEASE TAP ON THE VOTE BUTTON AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS IN THE COMMENTS. FOLLOW ME TO GIVE A LITTLE MOTIVATION.