5

Daniel

"You three go left and try and cut them off." I mind link to my fastest trackers, while running through the woods chasing some rogues we caught sniffing around our perimeter.

"Yes, Alpha." I'm linked back.

My wolfs paws feeling the dirt and mud push between each toe from the impact of my weight and speed as I run with my Beta and Gamma close behind. My wolf much bigger and faster. Turning my head to my left I meet my Gamma's eyes and link him to go back and prep the cells. Watching his brown wolf turn back and start running, I then turn to my other side and look at my Beta's grey wolf.

"That's as fast as you go?" I joke, through our link.

Hearing him snort behind me, I see him pick up speed. Running through the woods following the rogues putrid scent. Jumping over a fallen log,once over it I look up to see light shinning through the trees. "Who's house?" I link, my beta, Cody. Hearing him answer back "Unknown." through our link.

Getting closer I catch a familiar scent, one I've been tracking for weeks. It's faded but there, masked slightly by the stench of rogues. I'm almost lost in thought when I hear a blood curdling scream and pick up my pace.

The trees clear and my eyes pick up a woman being dragged by a rogue. A loud growl erupts from my chest signaling for him to stop and he drops her and looks me in the eye, before hearing a twig snap behind him. My trackers were good trackers just not very stealthy. He snarls his lip and begins to back up when the back door to the house opens. A little boy steps out, looking to be nine or ten before he screams "Momma!"

I start walking closer in order to protect him when he starts screaming. His fists clenched at his sides while his body starts to shake before he cripples over on his hands and knees. Fur shooting out here and there before he is fully transformed. His wolf is pure white, he's too young to have shifted, even if he is bigger then most young pups. His body gets in a defensive stance and he faces the rogue. Teeth showing he snarls and snaps as he makes his way over to his mom. I'm stuck in place. I can't move. I've never seen anything like this before. The boy radiates power, and I'm stuck, lost in thought when my beta shoves his nose into my side.

Looking back up I seen the rogue backing up and the blood still dripping from his mouth. The closer the boy got the taller he stood until he was over top of his mom. I started to walk closer and he turned and bared teeth to me too. To show I was of no threat I lowered my head and he turned back towards the rogue, growling as he lowered his body over over his mother, his lips still pulled back. I signal for my beta to go change behind the trees before stepping closer. Mind linking my trackers to stay close but not to attack. Letting them know there is a pup and human, before closing the link.

A large hand cups my shoulder and I meet Cody's eyes for a split second before looking back at the rogue and pup. "Stay here."

The rogue backs up further and I make my way beside the pup before he snaps at me and I snarl. Looking back at the rogue I move to go in front of the child then crouch and attack. His paws come up to try and dodge the impact so I grab his front paw between my teeth, and throw him against the side of the house. Before he even had time to get up I bit into his neck and used my front paws to hold down his body.

"Trackers, come out shifted. Hands up. Don't scare the boy." I order through our link.

Shifting back into my human form I let his throat go and quickly put the rogue in a choke hold, squeezing until he passed out. Getting up, my beta, Cody, passes me shorts and I put them on before turning around and looking at the young pup.