70

Daniel

My eyes found Ally as she made her way back. Her hands rubbing at her arms from the cool fall night air. Febris nodding along as Ally says something I can't quite hear. Standing from the table I don't bother to excuse myself. Only one thing on my mind, and it's the only thing that's been on my mind since I seen that dress. Taking Ally out of it. Taking quick steps towards Ally I link her to get her attention. "Say goodbye, Love."

Ally's eyes move from Febris instantly to me. Placing her hand on Febris she smiles and says her goodbyes I assume, before walking in my direction. A small smile forced on her lips, I can feel the unease. Meeting in the middle I hold out my hand and Ally's tiny fingers intertwine with mine. Furrowing my brows I kiss each knuckle, leading her towards the pack house, wondering why she isn't happy. Tonight went well, and she should be proud of it.

Did Febris tell her something upsetting? Why was she so on edge, nervous, worried? I could feel it and she knew I could, so why not just tell me? Unless it was me, and I'm the reason.

Did she find the letter from my mom? I knew I should have told her sooner. I probably would have if I wasn't so busy. If every time I seen her I didn't instantly get hard and forget everything else. Or because a small part of me thought maybe she wouldn't want to be with me. If Trevor really is my brother, would she stay with me knowing? Having her soon to be ex husband as a brother in law. It shouldn't matter but I did think about it. I also thought maybe if I didn't tell her I could stay like this. I wouldn't have to be some Goddess Warrior. I wouldn't have to do the shift. I'm this packs Alpha, I plan to be until one of my children is of age. Would completing the shift change that?

The answer was simple to me. It wouldn't change anything. Not in my eyes, not with how I planned out my future. If I did complete the shift it would be for the pack, for Ally. Walking in silence is calming, but the thoughts whirling around my head are not. Ally's hand squeezing mine reassures me everything will be fine. I've got her, through it all I'll have her.

Walking past parents carrying their kids home I nod. Ally whispering goodnight's to them as to not wake the children. Respectful, Goodnight Luna whispered in response. She was worried she wouldn't do well, I knew she would be incredible though. After tonight I have proof on how right I was.

The guards at the front open the door for us to enter, and I pull her upstairs with me. Not wanting to wait another second. I've waited all night to get her back into our room. To push away all my worries and stress and release myself deep inside of her. Mate with her, fill her up with my cum over and over until there is nothing left and she is asleep in my arms.

Walking inside our room I let go of Ally's hand. Making my way into my closet. "Lock the door Ally." I keep my voice stern. Shedding my jacket, hanging it up.

Unbuttoning my cuffs I start to roll my sleeves, stepping back into the bedroom. Ally sitting on the edge of the bed, taking off her shoes. I lean against the door frame. Crossing my ankles, watching her wiggle her toes and sighs in relief. I can feel my brain start to work out how I want her, what position I'll take her in first. Before I can decide and get the words out she cuts me off.

"They found Cody, he's alive." Looking into her eyes I'm wrapped up in her gaze. Compassion, love, worry, it's all there in her eyes. If we weren't mated I'd still know what she was about to say.

"Is he okay at least?" I clear my throat, shoving the sadness down, my eyes looking down at my crossed ankles.

"He's heartbroken, he's not coming back. Febris says they think he's recently lost his mate." Ally's footsteps are barely heard as she tip toes across the room.