13

Daniel

At my desk waiting for my mother and some guards to return with information, I look over at Cody sitting on the couch, his eyes glaze over.

"They're here." He mumbles, fixing his shirt, and I nod my head signaling to let them in.

My thoughts aren't focused. All I can think about is marking and mating Ally but I refuse to do that until she shifts. I don't want to hurt her, and I don't want my pack to reject her as Luna. My wolf is frustrated with me. He wants to mark her now, and he's upset I'm holding off. Ignoring me when I tell him she hasn't consented yet either, in his mind she's already ours.

My mom, three guards and a tracker walk in. She sits down in one of the chairs in front of me, my men choosing to stand, and she sighs dramatically.

"What have you come to tell me mother? No sense in postponing your departure." I spoke bluntly, I can understand why she left here and still hate her leaving me alone with all this responsibility and no help. I know she will never stay long, she never does. She's already been here longer than she ever has since my father died. I see the pain in her eyes and refrain from saying anything more. I love her, but she left me mourning my father's death. A pack needs their Luna. I needed my mother. Now with Ally here, I can imagine the pain one would feel losing their mate, it just doesn't seem to ease my own hurt.

"I talked to a few Alphas from other packs. One of them told me of a story, I think you should give it a read." She says placing a small book on my desk. The cover leather with a full moon stamped on the front. I pick it up and flip it open. The Story of Her Children written on the front page. I toss it on my desk.

"And?" I question.

"When Trevor's parents lived in that cabin they had knack for hiding things. I got Cody to ask someone to search their places."

"And what did you find?" I turn my attention to my men.

"I didn't want to go back honestly, after the feral dog bit me." Cody groans. "But I found a journal. It looks to have been written by her husband. We also found two letters written for her and the boy." My tracker explains. He walks towards my desk before placing them down and lowering his eyes to the floor, as a sign of respect.

I nod in return and pick the journal up.  "What's it say?" I ask.

"We did not read it sir. We thought it privileged." My guard speaks.

"Anything else?" I look between my mother and men.

"Leave us." My mother pipes up and my men all turn to leave.

I lean my head to the side examining her face as she watches them leave. The door shutting, she turns back to me, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen she writes something before passing it to me.

Go to the Sanderson girls. They should help Ally.

I frown, confused.

"For what? Shifting?" I spoke.

Shaking her head she grabs the pen and writes before pushing it back to me.

Read the book, it will tell you what you need to know. Don't tell anyone. Burn the book when you are done.

I nod my head and crumple up the paper. "Thank you, you may leave." I grimaced as the words left my mouth but all she does is nod and turn to leave. I open the journal and start to read.

Ally

I'm outside with Xale watching him train with the warriors on the pack. I'm getting bored and decide I want to join in, I mean I'm one of them to right? I should be training aswell. Getting off the bench, I walk to Marcus, Daniel's Gamma.