23

Ally

"We are ten minutes away. Five minutes less than the last time you asked." I chuckle into the phone.

"Hurry up Momma, I wanna show you the picture I drew with Kelly."

"A picture, eh? What's it of?" I feel my cheeks start to hurt from smiling. I missed him.

"A suprise. How far away are you now?" He squeals, and I have to pull Daniel's cell away from my ear.

Laughing, I choke out an answer. "Nine minutes." Then clear my throat, trying to compose myself. "Now I'll see you in a little bit. Give Kelly her phone back. I love you bubba."

"Love you, momma, bye." He replies and the phone clicks signalling he's hung up.

Smiling, I lean my head back and look over at Daniel. His eyes are focused on the road but I can feel his anxiety radiating off of him. My smile fades and I try and find the right words to ease his tension.

"If we are longer than nine minutes I'll take the blame." I joke, trying to get his mind off what ever it is conflicting him.

"Hmm? Oh, no we should be there in five minutes actually." He mumbles out.

Reaching a hand out, I grasp his shoulder giving it a small squeeze. "Is everything okay?" I frown.

His eyes meet mine for a moment before he pulls down the dirt path, leading to the pack border.

"When we get there I need you to stay at Kelly's. A friend of mine is going to help you train. I'm going to be busy the next couple of weeks. I trust him with my life. So please listen to him. He's going to help you prepare for your first shift." He states. His eyes now on two men standing beside a tree, he nods before passing by and turning down the path towards his house.

"So I won't see you at all?" I question, confused. I thought mates weren't supposed to be apart. "Is that why you're so tense?"

"You can tell?" He asks as he puts the car in park, his brows pulling together as his eyes study my own.

"Uhm yeah, it was rolling off you in waves." I laugh. "You don't have to be a wolf to tell when someone's upset "

"Maybe not, but I wasn't. My wolf was." He grunted before opening his door and shutting it before I could respond.

I watch as he stomps up the front steps of the pack house and walks inside, slamming the door. Jumping slightly in my seat I open my door. I'm about to follow after him, force him to tell me what's wrong. Since I woke up this morning he's been off, and I want to know why. Now. Before I can even take one step towards him I'm knocked into the side of the car as a body launches at me. A started squeal passes my lips, little arms circling around me.

Xale's sweet scent fills my lungs, calming me. My wolf purrs and I feel her happiness mix with my own, and all thoughts of Daniel are pushed aside.

Crouching down I pick him up in my arms and squeeze him tight. Inhaling his calming scent for Amaris and I. She's been as anxious as I have, being apart from him. "I missed you." I whisper in his ear, kissing all over his face making dramatic smooching sounds.

"What about me?" Kelly jokes. Gazing past Xale's shoulder, I meet her eyes and smile. Her arms crossed staring at Xale and I.

Setting Xale down, I grab onto his hand. "How could I not. Come on. Let's go unpack. We are staying with you, right?" I fake another smile.

I see her eyebrows pull together before her eyes go foggy. Snapping out of it she smiles quickly. "How could I of forgotten. Let's go."

"Was that Daniel?" I question.