27

Ally

It felt weird being a wolf. The way the soil felt between my paws, and the wind blew around me. My sight, my reflexes, it all changed. Then the second I shifted back it was like it was all gone. Everything felt as it should. Amaris was so happy running free and I was too. It felt unreal, doing something so unfathomable. Something I'd of thought was impossible a few months ago, and now I'm a wolf.

Walking into my room in the pack house, I throw off the cloak Daniel gave me. After we finished the run, I walked Xale to Kelly's, but since I've shifted Amaris won't stop pushing me towards Daniel. I'm still mad at him. Even if he couldn't tell me what he was doing, I'd of rather known he was to busy to see me, then think he just didn't want to. It still upset me he wouldn't tell my why though.

Walking into the bathroom, turning on the shower. Stepping inside the large shower stall I close the glass door gently. Moving to stand under the warm water, letting it cascade down my body I moan. Washing away the blood, sweat and dirt from tonight. My muscles feel tense, hopefully as I shift more it won't hurt as much. Turning the water hotter, I stand still beneath loosening up my muscles.

Eventually the water starts to cool and I'm not so soar. Quickly I grab the body wash and lather my body. Rinsing myself off before turning the shower off. I squeeze the extra water out of my hair. Flicking my hands, shaking the water off, then opening the shower door and stepping out. Wrapping myself in a large fluffy green towel from the hook. I brush my teeth then grab an elastic from the drawer, throwing my hair up into a messy bun. Making my way back into my room, the cool air hits me when I open the bathroom door. A shiver running up my spine. Picking up the cloak, I bring it with me into my closet, tossing it into the laundry basket and untying my towel, throwing it on-top.

My hands swipe over shirts and sweaters and dresses hung along the walls. More clothes than I've ever owned put together fill this closet. Trevor and I were never poor. We did well, but we could have never afforded stuff like this. Daniel has given me all this, without thought. Helped me before I was turned. Helped Xale. All without even knowing I was his mate. Then continuing even after, knowing I'd been with Trevor. Had a child with him, loved him.

Even though I was never a wolf till now, I know if it had been reversed my wolf and I would not of been so forgiving, so accepting. Opening one of the drawers I grab a pair of black lace underwear, and then pull a black spaghetti strap shirt from the drawer below it. Closing them both I pull on the underwear and top. Taking the hair tie out, and shaking my hair down.

Raking my fingers through as I make my way to bed. Pulling the covers back, I lift myself into bed. Wrapping the soft duvet around me, I get comfy. Once settled, I focus on the voices in the house. The man from last night, Robert. Daniel introduced us after the run. Is still talking to Daniel downstairs. Closing my eyes, I tune the voices of pack members walking around the house, and everyone inside, out of my head.

"Love you, Xale." I link Xale, hoping I've caught him before he's fallen asleep.

"Night Momma." Is yawned back and my lips curve up in a smile. I could get used to this. Maybe being a wolf isn't so bad.

Daniel

Shaking Roberts hand I offer him a quick goodbye before heading upstairs. My wolf and I impatient to see our mate in our bed, but when I get to the top of the stairs I sense Ally in her own room. Frowning, I go into my room and throw off my shirt. Huffing before sitting on the edge of my bed. Is she still mad at me? No, she would of stayed at Kelly's. Will she be mad if I wake her? Does she not want my mark? When I said I was going to in the shower she seemed into it. She knows I wanted to tonight. Is this her way of telling me she doesn't?