62

Daniel

After I left Ally to let her rest I came down to my office. Linking Kelly that Xale was aloud to hangout with the other pack kids his age. Ally's scent still lingering on my skin after my shower making my wolf purr inside of me. I sent emails out to trusted contractors to start building more houses. I could have taken over Alpha Robert's land and let them stay there, but I didn't want Ally to ever go back. I didn't want to put her through walking through that land. I couldn't stop what happened but I wasn't going to remind her of it everyday either. I had my lawyer send someone to appraise and sell the land. A fellow wolf from another pack, I decide to sell it to another pack. I'll use the money to help with the expenses of building. The rest going to each new member equally they can use the money to furnish their new homes.

Within an hour of my guy getting the word out I had a few offers. Hungry betas wanting to start their own pack. I expected as much. What surprised me was an Alphas daughter personally emailing me. Wanting to start her own pack, for women and children who were abused in there packs or abandoned by other packs. Rogues that weren't technically feral. She couldn't offer much in terms of money, not even close to sale price. The idea of a women running a pack alone made me hesitant.

Before I could email her back, a knock at my door pulled my attention away.

"Come in." I holler.

Watching as Gregg opens the door and steps inside.

"What's up?" I lean back in my chair.

Closing my door behind him I notice he's flicked the lock. Throwing himself down on my sofa, he kicks off his shoes and kicks his feet up.

Raising my brow he takes a deep breath in with his nose, exaggerating the action. "So you've stopped being a pussy?" He crosses his arms.

Furrowing my brows, I give him a look. "What?"

"Ally. I caught on at breakfast, a little obvious if you ask me. I could smell her arousal across the room. Now I can smell her on you. I'm glad you're back to your old self pal. Sappy, sorry for himself Daniel sucked." He shrugs.

My wolf growls before I can hold it back. The thought of another male smelling our mate enraging him.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I shrug, acting oblivious.

Scoffing, Gregg rolls his eyes earning a scowl. "So you're still walking on eggshells then? Worried she's going to leave you? If you are then I might aswell shoot my shot. She doesn't want a push over Daniel. Come on now. If you aren't going to be who she needs you to be, yourself that is, someone else might be a good enough second best. She told me to tell you she loved you. You before she was taken. Not this..." He gestured up and down at me. "This is pathetic. If some other wolf tried to take my mate I'd rip them apart. You invited the guy to stay in the pack house."

Groaning, I throw my head back, tugging my fingers through my hair. "He's the father of her child." He just doesn't get it. This is hard for me, I'm trying to do what's best.

"With a cabin less than a twenty minute walk away. Having him here is just giving him the opportunity to weasel his way in..." He points out. "And it's been cutting into my Ally time." He adds, exhaling dramatically.

"You sound like a child." I chuckle, avoiding the fact that's he's right. Maybe having him around is getting in the way. Xale can still see him if he's at the cabin, and Ally could if she wanted to. "You might be right though. I'll bring it up with Ally, I don't want to kick him out if she wants him here."

"Ask her when she's about to fall asleep. She always just replies yes." He sent me an evil smile.

Narrowing my eyes at him he holds up his hands in surrender. "Hey, hey, we were chained in a cell together twenty four seven. You learn a lot about a person when you pee in the same bucket the guards bring in once a day."