12

Ally

Throwing on a pair of black spandex shorts and matching sports bra, I grab a loose t-shirt and run downstairs. Daniel's standing at the door arms crossed, his muscles flexing, his jaw clenched. I walk past him into the kitchen, and grab an apple out of the bowl on the counter. Taking a bite and making my way over to him, I slip on my Burks at the door and walk outside.

Not looking to see if he follows I twirl my shirt in my hand and eat my apple. Walking to the training area I knew Xale would be. I could feel anger inside of me but couldn't understand why. My eyebrows pull together as I take another bite, almost done. I stop and turn, Daniel close behind, I throw my apple core at him.

"Catch." I say and turn around and continue to walk.

Seeing everyone now training I put my shirt on. Tucking one side in a little, so it doesn't look like I'm only wearing the shirt. I feel the anger die down within me. Ahhh the mate bond. I feel myself smile.

"Glad I'm pissing him off just as much as he pisses me off." I say to my wolf, and she just radiates annoyance in my head, rolling her eyes at me.

I'm almost at the benches when I feel a hand on my shoulder. Daniel's grip rough and stern. Telling me to stop. I look back at him and roll my eyes.

"What?" I question.

"Pull your shirt out. I don't need to end some pups life before they've even lived." He growls.

"I'm here to watch Xale, at your request. What's one more order obeyed, anything else your majesty?" I sass, pulling my shirt out of the side of my shorts.

"Wear mine. Enough unmated wolves looked at you on our way here. If you're not marked the least you could do is smell more like me." He says, pulling his shirt over his head and handing it to me.

Looking around girls are staring at him, even a couple boys. I push his shirt back into his chest. "If I'm going to be covered so are you." I hiss and turn away from him and stomp towards the benches and sit down. I feel jealously swirl inside of me, and file it away as my wolf. Looking in his direction, I see a smirk play at his lips, before he masks it with indifference and sits beside me, putting his shirt back on.

"So why am I here? I thought he was doing good?" I ask, looking out towards Xale training with a smaller pup.

"He is, very well. I think he should train with the older wolves. Not anyone of rank, but some of the older members who would give him an actual fight." He explains.

Xale is dodging and hitting with ease now, but he could get hurt, and for the first time my wolf agrees with me. He is her pup aswell as my child. We won't risk it.

"Not happening. He's seven." I seethed.

"Watch, before you make a decision. I'll link some older members to come. He is destined to be more." He continues.

Rolling my eyes, I sigh. Xale's partner taps out and another comes to him. This pups taken down much faster and I groan. He is right. "Fine, but if he is hurt. I'll kill them myself."

"I have no doubt." He laughs.

I continue to watch Xale take down pup after pup. Eventually his trainer asks him to shift and he puts on shorts. With my wolf hearing I can hear him tell him to fight in his human form this time. Then teaches him some defense moves, before calling another wolf over to train with him.

I stand up, about to run over at the sight of the wolf circling him. Daniel grabs my hand and pulls me down hard into his lap. Pushing my hair to the side he whispers in my ear.