28

"Lilith, I can't let her end up with him I'm sorry." Turning to the man in front of me I look directly in his eyes. "I Trevor of Moon Goddess Warrior blood reject you Lilith of The Red Moon pack."

A burning feeling erupts through my body as I feel our bond start to break. Focusing on the man in front of me, I dig my nails into my palms focusing on that instead of the pain inside me. "I challenge you to a Contest of Mates. She's the mother of my child, if anyone has claim it is me."

The man in front of me growls loudly. His pack cowering around us. "Your great grandfather promised the next women of Warrior blood to me boy. She is mine."

"She was not his to give." I sneer.

Litith's screams can be heard beside me as she's swallowed into the pain of our bond breaking. My wolf whines in pain over the hurt I've caused her.

"I had a right to kill your mother, that girl was his only offer. You hurt your own mate, reject my daughter for her?" His eyes turn red as he stalks closer to me.

Standing tall I let out a growl. "Do you accept or not?"

"I accept. Lilith get up, you're embarrassing yourself. Grab the whip."

I watch as he spits on the ground near her curled up body. Slowly lifting herself from the ground she saunters towards the men standing behind her father. Grabbing the whip from his betas hands Lilith walks towards her father. Holding the whip out she pushes her shoulders back. Standing tall, I feel pride swell within me. Her strength is astonishing. She would of made an amazing mate.

"Seeing as shes human and not actually either of our mates her lashes will be useless here. But my daughter's. Oh they should do just fine." He chuckles, pulling his shirt over his head.

"Lilith, the whip." He growls. Holding out his hand I watch as she places it in his palm. Staring directly in my eyes, pain and anger filling them to the brim.

Pulling my shirt off, I kneel knowing the pain of the bond broken and these strikes will overtake me, and I don't want to give him the honour of seeing me fall. "Give me your best old man." I seethed.

The sound of the whip breaking through my skin ripples through the crowd and the sound of onlookers gasping fills the silence. I clench my teeth awaiting the next four. Knowing he plans to go five for five, unlike other packs who still partake in this ritual.

I take a deep breath awaiting the next four, and when they're done I stand and smirk. Taking the whip from him I watch as he raises his chin and turns.

My first slash at his back brings him to his knees and my wolf's loves the sound of his screams. The second slash feels better than anything ever has before. He can't take her. He can't change her. She deserves a normal life. Whipping him again and again I bark a laugh as he sobs, fallen over, he forces himself back up off the ground.

"Enough!" Lilith screams. "Enough!"

Ignoring her I give my final lash at her father. Swinging as hard as my arm will allow. His screams from the last one never ending. I'm unsure if they are from my final blow or the one before. My chest heaves as I toss the whip in front of him. "Your turn, Robert."

Coughing blood into his elbow he stands on shaky legs. "That's Alpha to you, and we are done for today. Tomorrow morning. Four o'clock, be here."

"Of course Robert." I growl, turning, I don't spare him another glance. Walking towards my car I even my breathing. Calming my wolf. Opening the drivers side door I slide inside and start the engine, heading towards the cottage.

Once there I head to the bathroom. Turning on the shower I step inside. Watching as my blood washes from my body down the drain. Standing like that till the water runs clear, I run my fingers through my hair. Figuring out a plan. Reaching for the shampoo I wash my hair, rinsing it before turning the shower off and grabbing a towel from the stand outside the shower stall. Wrapping it around my torso I walk into the kitchen. Grabbing a pad of paper and a pen. Writing a letter to my dear friends. Hopping they will look after my family. I don't know if I can make it through tomorrow. The pain from the whip barely noticeable compared to the loss my heart feels.

I toss and turn all night, and when the sun starts to rise again I force myself into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Stomping outside, I decide to run there, making my way back to my rejected mate and her father.

I walk towards the crowd gathered around the feild. Ripping off my shirt, I throw it to the ground. Pushing my way through the people, I feel someone grab my arm, pulling me into them closely. "They sent rogues for the girl." They whisper into my ear.

A loud growl rips through me as I run though the people towards Robert. My wolf pushing me to shift I calm him with the promise of his blood on our hands. "You don't think you will win. Wise." I yell.

Shrugging, Robert grins at me. "Let's call it plan b. You're one man, I've defeated you boy. I've got a whole army. Now, men, bring forward Lilith."

Men and women part in the crowd as two men drag Lilith's limp body towards us. I go to run towards her when I feel men jump onto my body, holding me down. One turning my head towards the scene playing out infront of me.

"Micheal, come!" Robert orders.

A tall lanky man appears through the crowd, making his way infront of Lilith.

"Now mark her."

I watch as the two men holding her body grab onto her head, leaning it to the side. Micheal wasting no time extends his canines, he growls before biting roughly at her neck.

My wolf tears through me, shifting us into my large wolf. I shake the men off of me. Charging for them. Men shift around me jumping at me. Biting my hind legs and sides, but I ignore the pain and rush for Robert. Jumping into the arm in land on-top him, biting into his shoulder. I feel the crunch of bones between my teeth. The feeling of burning seeps into my gums and I pull back quickly. My wolf whinning out in pain. Wolfsbane.

This was his plan all along. Turning, I run towards my home. Kicking and swiping at anyone in the way, I let my wolf completely take over. Heading towards my family. The only hope for wolves.

Arriving at my cabin I shift and run to my car, turning the keys and pressing down on the gas. I speed home. Hoping and praying I'm not to late. I'm on the highway when three rogues jump out of the ditch beside the road and I swerve. The feeling of the car lifting from the tires is the last thing I feel. The car flipping upside down the last thing I see before utter darkness surrounds me.

Ally

Gasping, I open my eyes looking around the room, finding Daniel's arms wrapped around me. His stubble tickling my shoulder as he buries his face in the crook of my neck. His mark tingles with his touch and I start to calm my breathing. Hoping I don't wake him.

"Amaris?"

"Yes."

"Was that just a bad dream or the visions you told me I might get."

"Both. Sometimes the two go hand in hand. I'm so sorry Ally."

"Don't be, it wasn't you." I link her back before pushing her out and turning in Daniel's arms.

Wrapping my arm around him. Lightly running my fingers up and down his back, I breath in his intoxicating scent. Like dark chocolate, but if you focused hard enough fresh cherries mixed deliciously together. Closing my eyes I let myself fall back to sleep, with the hopes it is dreamless.