65

Ally

Showered and dressed I timidly walk down the stairs. It's one thing to come up with a plan and discuss it with close friends and another to put myself out there and put it in action. Like armor I wear my favorite pair of black leggings and a light green sweater on top. I'm supposed to be their Luna, the one in charge. I shouldn't be nervous but I am. What if they don't agree, what if they don't see me as their Luna anymore. I killed their Alpha, I'm not wearing his mark anymore. They probably won't even want to listen to me, but I am Daniel's mate, and that means I'm this packs Luna. They bow to him they bow to me, right?

The women seated around the dinning room table are silent as I walk in. May passing out tea and little desserts around. I'd asked for them to come here and talk, and by the looks on their faces they feared what I would say.

Wanting to calm their nerves I smile brightly at them, hoping it comes across kind and lighthearted. "So, I'm sure you know you are all teachers."

Sitting down in Daniel's chair feels weird but it's the only open spot. "My name is Ally. I wanted to meet with you all to talk about the kids."

"I would love if you all would join the other teachers in the school. However we have some issues with space, for the added classrooms. With more students we will need you. I was hoping a few of you would be okay teaching outdoors for the rest of the week. We should have some sort of semi permanent classrooms here by Monday." I explain, looking around the table at blank faces.

Complete silence fills the air and my palms start to sweat a little. I didn't think I'd have to do all the talking.

Sipping on my tea I wait for someone to ask any questions, but no one voices any. "We want to integrate the new students so younger children will stay inside. It's the older kids we have an issue making space for. So for now until next semester you ladies will have to teach the new older children. Next semester we will fully integrate them aswell. I'll have the principal and the other teachers meet with you all tonight. Today though we could all take a walk through the school, if you would like?" I pause, waiting for anyone to answer.

When I don't get one I sigh. "I know some of you must have young children. I'd want to meet my child's teacher so this would be your opportunity to do so, if they are in grade eight and under."

A couple nodding I feel myself relax slightly. "Okay, great. We will go there after. First I'd just like to make sure this is all okay with you guys. If you have anything you want to know feel free to reach out to me. I'll do my best to help you. However I'm sure the principal will answer most of your questions tonight. If any of you need help with getting school supplies for your children please don't hesitate to ask. Please let any other parents know that we will be taking lists of needs from you all. They will be filled by next Monday."

Small smiles break across a few faces and I smile wide at them. At least their silence isn't an indication of unhappiness. After that the rest of the meeting ran smoothly, the walkthrough was quick and I left them with the principal as I headed outside. Peaking into Xale's class as I go to leave I see him playing with his friends. Dressed at knights as they run around the classroom, screams and laughter loud in the room. I shake my head and chuckle under my breath, walking out of the school. Leaving the new teachers behind to explore until they meet with the others.

My walk back is quiet, calming. I near the pack house to soon. Lost in thought I didn't even realize I'd gotten so close. Shouting disrupting my silence. I look up from my feet and spot Trevor trying to get my attention. Bella's beside him, running my way as he screams my name. I stop and put my hands in the pockets of my jean jacket.

"Stop yelling, I can hear you." I mutter.

Closer now he slowly to a walk. "Want to go for a walk?"

Waving my hands in my pockets. "I just walked all the way here from the school."