79

Daniel

I can kind of relate now to how Ally felt when she found out her life was a lie. Not entirely, but in some ways. I applaud how easily she's slipped into the role of not only wolf but Luna and Warrior. At least on the outside anyway. Then there's me struggling to come to terms with my mother not being my mother. Not knowing my true parents. The lies that surrounded my life as well. I complete my full shift tonight and I still haven't talked to my mother. I'm not even sure if she's coming. I didn't want to make it a scene but it does feel weird not having her here. I guess it's my fault though for not speaking to her, I can't blame anyone but myself. I'm just not ready to see or talk to her right now.

Ally's humming in the kitchen draws my attention and I make my way inside. Leaning against the wall I watch as she dances around the kitchen, head phones on. Making Xale's cake she promised be made by hand, by herself. It's his birthday today. Seven years old. Odd really, when I think about it. My mate having a seven year old. A seven year old she had with someone else. A child I am both angry and happy about. Angry she had him with someone else. That someone else got to experience that with her. Happy because Xale is the greatest kid I've ever met. Mature for his age, as well behaved as expected, smart, has her eyes, funny. The son everyone wishes for. The son I wished for, but he isn't mine.

And yet still I watch with pride as she whisks away. Feeling a need to scoop her up and bring her upstairs. To try and fill her with a baby of our own, one she will make cakes for. Not to say I don't love Xale, I do, like he's my own. It's having to share him with his real dad that's a struggle. Knowing I'll always be second best. That nothing could change the fact that he isn't really mine.

Ally's focus remaining on the cake, I've gone unnoticed for far to long. Rendell antsy for her attention. Stepping towards the island catches her attention, and when she looks up with that smile my breath almost catches.

Pulling down the headphones Ally walks around the island, whisk in hand. "I need more butter for the buttercream frosting. Can you go to Kelly's? I already linked her and she said I could borrow whatever I needed." Her smile not faltering for even a second. Like making this cake has made her the happiest she's been since coming here.

Taking the whisk from her hand I place it on the counter, raising a brow. "You couldn't order an omega to do that?"

"Well I didn't want to bother them. May's got all the girls helping her set up the tables and such for the party. It was your idea to throw a party." Ally smirks. "So I'm ordering you."

Chuckling I pick her up and place her on the island. Nudging her thighs apart as I step into her. "After everything he deserves a party. It also helps keep the pack somewhere occupied. I can complete the shift without members wandering and seeing."

"So you're using my son as a decoy?" Ally scoffs, acting appalled, but the smile doesn't falter.

"If you want to think about it in black and white terms, yes." I shrug.

Rolling her eyes she tries to push me back as my hands grasp onto her thighs holding her in place. "I'm not done." I smirk.

Raising a brow Ally stops trying to get down. "Well what? I have to have this finished in like two hours, and shower, and get dressed."

"Want to rethink the term 'order' from earlier?" I growl low, letting Rendell's dominance push forward.

"Mmm.." Ally's finger taps her chin as she looks up. "No, order was the correct word." She sasses.

"You sure?"

"I've been told as Luna I have such power. You must obey." She wiggles her brows.

"That's not how it works, Love." I shake my head, smiling. She sure is adjusting well.