20

Ally

We pull off the road and down a dirt path. A small house showing in the distance, I adjust myself in my seat, nervous. What if they don't have the answers I'm looking for? My wolf unsettled with the idea Daniel won't want us unless fully transformed. Although she keeps repeating that we just have to wait a little longer. I think it's more for her than me. Last night in a dream she told me her name was Amaris. I feel kind of guilty for never asking.

Two ebony women walk out the front door hand in hand. Their appearance mirroring one another. Tight black curls reaching their shoulders. I unbuckle my seatbelt, getting out when the car is fully stopped. Not waiting for Daniel, I feel a pull towards them. My feet hit the steps and I notice their vibrant purple eyes. Closer now, I examine them more. Everything about them identical, except a small scar running down the side of ones neck.

Looking back at their eyes, I notice them examining me aswell. Daniel clearing his throat interrupting our silence as we look over one another.

"Feronia, Febris. This is Ally." His hand comes to my side and pulls me close into his side. "My mate." His eyes shooting daggers at the one with the scar.

"Not officially." Her voice unemotional as her eyes stare back at his.

"Feb, let's be polite." Feronia groaned.

"Was I not before?" Febris chuckled.

But before Feronia can open her mouth, I speak up. "You were honest, I don't count that as impolite. However, honestly, the truth is why we came here."

"Ouh, Ally, we know why you have come. Let's go inside." Both their voices mesh together, speaking at the same time. They part from eachother as they gesture inside of the house.

Walking inside, it feels cozy, although small it didn't look cramped. A loft over looking the main floor. At the back a small bathroom I assume, taking up minimum space. A tiny kitchen. Just a stove and sink, a small island holding a bowl of fresh vegetables. No dinning table leaving room for a couple chairs and a couch. Everything eclectic. Bookshelves decorate the whole left wall up to the ceiling and into the loft, the spines indicating their age.

Something about here feels peaceful, even Amaris agrees. Pushing her out of my thoughts I sit on one of the chairs and get comfy. Ready to ask as many questions as I can, hoping I get all the answers. Daniel moves beside me, standing, he puts a hand on my shoulder, probably feeling my nervousness, and apprehension.

"She's smart." Feronia smiles at Febris.

"Beautiful too."

"And my mate, behave ladies." Daniel jokes, trying to lighten the mood.

"So you know why I'm- we are here?" I ask.

"We know why Daniel called, but I see no problem with you. May I?" Feronia asks as she kneels in front of me.

Her hand grasps my own and I feel a warmth radiate up my arm. I watch as she looks down at my palm. Looking up at me she smiles. "bring forth your wolf."

"I don't know how, she won't let me shift." My voice low, feeling ashamed.

"No, not shift. Just stop blocking her out." Her hands soft as they grab my other hand. Her palms open facing me and I place my own against hers.

The warmth I felt in my hands now surrounding my whole body. "You've learned to block her well. I could smell your heat, but in touch I felt nothing till now. It is strong."

Her hands leave mine and I put my own at my sides. She begins running her fingers up my arms. Finally stopping as they rest on my cheeks. "Close your eyes. Talk to your wolf. Ask her to show herself to you."