14

Daniel

She's been gone for two weeks. I sent Kelly to make sure she was okay, but when she returned she just shook her head and walked past me. I sent four guards to watch her house after that. One with distinct orders to follow if she ever leaves. If she isn't here for my direct protection, I'll still make sure she is safe. I sent my childhood friend Gregg with them to watch her. My wolf howls in pain endlessly since she left. He hasn't been able to focus. During training this morning we ended up pinned by our gamma. While I was furious, he sat indifferent. Moping what's the point before forcing us to shift back. He hasn't let me shift since. I couldn't continue training.

I made my way to my office and her scent was almost gone. Just barely there, unless you knew what to smell for you wouldn't even notice it. The smell of ripe red apples and sweetness barely present now. My wolf cried out but I didn't know what to do. She left, that's her choice. "Bring her back." He growled.

"She would be here if she wanted to be." I stated back.

"She would be here if you weren't an ass." He groaned.

Most of our discussions since she left have been like this. Him telling me to go after her and it's my fault. Me sticking up for myself or pointing out the obvious, she doesn't want us.

"She doesn't want you. She wants me! I can still feel her and her wolves pull." He hissed and I rolled my eyes.

Sitting at my desk, I go through paper work for a new section of land we bought to build more houses. I'm shuffling through when a sticky note catches my eye.

You should build another park here, for the kids. The old one is beat up - Ally.

She cared about the members in my pack, everyone was equal. It was something I admired. It confirmed my belief she would be a great Luna. Everyone always said she was bubbly but I never got to see that. I seen her stern, focused, caring, compassionate, sometimes even sexy sides. I wish I would have seen her purely happy though, even just once.

I should go check on her and talk to her guards, I decide, so I link them I'm on my way. Standing up, I make my way outside and strip to shift, grabbing my black t-shirt and shorts between my teeth. I start to run to her,my wolf excited over the chance to just smell her. We both howl out at the thought. The run calming us both and clearing our mind. I'm just glad he allowed me to shift.

Close enough to her place, I shift back, and put my clothes on while walking up behind Gregg. I jump and wrap my arm around him. "That's how you defend your Luna?" I linked.

"You're an ass, the only commotion around here has been a couple rogues running by." He pushes me off him and I let him go and laugh.

He's one of the only people I let talk to me that way. Our moms being best friend's, we were together alot. He wasn't of beta or gamma blood, but he is one of our best warriors. The only one I'd trust with Ally. He used to be my Beta but I had to let him go. Something I sometimes regret, however Cody was beta blood and I couldn't go back in time and change the past. I wouldn't have been able to stop him from doing what he did even if I could.

"How many rogues? Do you need a couple hands? When I met her I was chasing one. Watch for any signs or patterns." I command. "If they are being watched by rogues or something I want them safe."

"About five and we are good, thanks." He answers nodding at the end to answer the rest. "I'd suspect they are being watched though. There haven't been attacks or scenes unorganized rogues would cause."

I punch a nearby tree. "Fuck." I hiss. She should be staying in the pack house. She would be safest there, but she would never agree. "Did you kill the rogues or did they get away?" I question, turning back to Gregg.