6

Daniel

My eyes followed the little boy till he got back into the chair he was in and fell asleep. Wiping at the blood on my hands, I watched him fight sleep for a bit before finally drifting off. Walking into the kitchen I grabbed a water bottle and chugged it, throwing the empty bottle in the recycling before grabbing a banana out of the bowl on the counter, and going into the dinning room.

Observing them both, going over what happened today. The boys wolf was huge, he looked to young to have shifted. His mom is human and seeing as the boy doesn't know about wolves I'm assuming unaware of our kind. So where is his father? From the power radiating off the boy I'm guessing he is an alpha. Was she his mate? Walking over beside the table I move the woman's long silky locks away from her neck. No mark. I check the other side and furrow my brows.

After watching them for awhile I decide to lay them in one of the rooms. First bringing the woman and putting her in the room across the hall from mine, laying her gently in the bed and covering her with a blanket. Moving through the house as silently as possible back downstairs, I lift the boy and bring him into the room and lay him beside mother. As I stand beside the bed I wonder how they got here, on my pack land, without any of us noticing. How did the child shift? Why was she not marked? And where was the father?

I've seen them before, while running back from a neighboring pack. I remember, I got distracted by a scent and a filthy dog came out and had the nerve to growl at me. I watched them for awhile waiting for the wolf to come back but they never did. I'll admit after awhile I only returned to see her. But she hasn't been there lately. Now I know why. Was the scent I caught around their place her husband? The thought sends a chill down my spine and I don't understand why.

Shuffling over to the couch along the wall, I let myself fall into the soft cushions and lay back. Examining the two asleep in the bed as I pull the throw blanket from the back of the couch and place it over myself, I hum.

"Go to the cabin and bring some trackers. I want to know the names of any wolf that was there. Then go to the kids house, I'll text you the address. I smelt someone there as well, I want to know if it's the same wolf." I link to Cody, texting him the address then looking up at the boy and mother, I groan and link back "If you see a dog, bring it back. "Boomer" they call it." Before closing the link and dropping my phone.

Turning into my side on the couch, I tuck my arm under my head and drape the blanket over my shoulders before closing my eyes to get some rest. Tomorrow I need to figure out what's going on. My mother should be returning late in the evening. She should be some help. Any questions I have for these two will have to wait until the woman wakes, I doubt the boy knows much that will help.

Xale

When I wake up and look around I'm in a different room. It's dark in here but a sliver of light through a crack in the curtain tells me it's day time. I look around the room and beside me my momma sleeps, the bed is huge. Smooth sheets and fluffy blankets with huge pillows. There purple. Purples for girls. I get up and my feet touch carpet like the one my momma has in her room, but we aren't home. Across the room the guy who saved my mom is sleeping. I look over to my mom and jump back into bed. Shaking her arm "Momma?" I whisper, but she doesn't move.

Sliding off the bed I walk over the the couch and poke the man's face. He scrunches his nose and I giggle. Doing it again his smacks away my hand. I do it again and he finally opens his eyes, squinting at me. Clearing his throat he moves to sit up and I take a step back. He's big. Scary sort of. I feel my heart start to pump faster and I take another step back. Then my belly lets out a loud growl. His eyebrows shoot up, clearing his throat before he says "You allergic to anything?" I nod my head no before his eyes go white. Then a second later are back to there normal brown, like mine.