61

Ally

I could feel Daniel's sadness before he even came into the dinning room this morning. It wasn't until I felt the jealousy once his eyes set on me I knew why. He's worried about Trevor. I wanted to run after him when he dashed from the house. Instead I looked up at Kelly with pleading eyes. It felt comfortable us three hugging together again. Like nothing had changed, and if I imagined hard enough I could pretend he was just gone away on a trip. That I wasn't a wolf now. That everything was like before.

It wasn't though. Everything has changed. Pulling away from the hug I sat in my chair next to Daniel's. May and the other young girls bringing out platters of food. Marcus walks out of the kitchen with a tea pot. Stretching my hands out like a greedy child he passes it to me. Pouring my own and Daniel's I set the pot on the table. Mixing in sugar and milk into our tea. I watch as Gregg sits down and looks over at me. Mouthing 'You okay?' I shrug in reply.

"How is training with the girls going?" I change the subject from me.

"Good actually. A few look very promising. I think if they start training with the men Daniel might switch me guarding you for one of them." He smiles a toothy grin.

"I refuse. The only reason I let you guard me is because you're also my friend. I'd take you everywhere with me anyways." I set down my tea.

Everyone starts to sit in their seats, ready to eat May's huge breakfast. I'm surprised when Trevor sits beside me, I thought he would have sat beside Xale. Pulling my brows together I give him a look and he just shrugs.

"So, May? This all smells amazing, thank you." Trevor plasters a fake smile on his face. I know he's uncomfortable. I know that look, that smile, even the tone he's using, it's fake and it makes me feel weird. I've never felt so uncomfortable here before. I didn't realize it before but it was like this place was made for me, made for Xale, we for in so perfectly and with ease.

"May makes the best food around." Gregg pats May's shoulder.

"With help from my girls." May smiles, her cheeks reddening a little.

"That reminds me. Girls, if it's still okay, well I'd like to do that pack dinner soon. After..." I clear my throat, correcting myself quickly infront of Xale. "My absence, I think we all need to have some fun."

"Can we have pie?" Xale's eyes widen like saucers, pulling the cinnamon roll away from his mouth.

"Of cou.." May starts to answer him.

"If you promise to help." I cut her off.

Xale just squeals in reply, taking another bite of the sweet roll. Plates start being passed around and I load up Daniels plate along with my own, making sure he gets some for when he comes back.

Picking at my plate the young girls start to list off different suggestions. Ranging from too much to wildly outrageous. The adults at the table chuckling along. A simple pack dinner turning into a serious event.

Daniel and Kelly walk inside, and conversation continues like nobody had noticed their absence. I can feel Daniel's eyes on me, though. May and the other girls tell me about Xale's antics while I was gone and I try to remain in the conversation but Daniel's emotions are like a tidal wave, hitting me over and over again with a new emotion each time.

His gaze never leaves me. Passion, lust, love, it starts to overwhelm me. I couldn't help but start to think dirty thoughts of my own. Clasping my thighs shut I laugh out when I hear everyone else laugh, trying to appear like I'm paying attention.

My laughter stops though when I feel rage build inside of him. Then as if simultaneously I felt hope. Slowly putting my hand on his thigh I try and reassure him. Making him go back to happier thoughts and feelings. For a while I tease him. I can't help but peak under my lashes at him. Stealing quick glances of Daniel. Seeing how he tries to conceal his emotions and reactions to my hand movements. Testing him further I let my hand creep up higher, feeling his shaft under my hand I have to bite down on the inside of my cheek. Gregg catches my eyes and he grins wide at me.