18

Ally

I wake up in Daniel's arms feeling Xale tug at the shirt I'm wearing. Turning over in the bed, I lift the blanket and Xale climbs beside me.

"I had a bad dream. I couldn't find you." He whispers.

Pulling him closer, I play with his hair, kissing the top of his head. "I'm sorry. Do you want me to sleep in your room for now on?" I offer, guilt washing over me for not paying more attention to him, and that he caught me in Daniel's bed.

Shaking his head no he puts his arm around me and cuddles into me. "Do you miss dad?" He mumbles in my shoulder.

Caught between saying yes and having Daniel hear if he's awake, and saying no and upset Xale. I choose the former. "Of course bubba, but he would want us happy. Are you happy?" I whisper.

I feel him nod against me, then lean back to look up at me. "Are you?"

"Yes, how could I not be with such an amazing boy." I smile and tickle his side gently.

His giggles echo in the room and I pull away hoping Daniel doesn't wake. Xale calming down, he wraps his arm back around me. "I like it here. I like Kelly and Daniel and Cody and and.." he goes on.

Cutting him off. "Me too bubba, let's go back to bed."

"Love you, momma." He whispers before throwing his leg over my side and getting comfy again.

I kiss him head and run my fingers up and down his back. Thinking about tomorrow. It will mark two years since Trevor's death I realize. Guilt consumes me again when I think about how I'll be leaving with Daniel. Xale staying behind when I should be staying to comfort him. My eyes fill with tears. My emotions must have been heavy in the room, waking Daniel because his hand starts rubbing my back.

I feel the bed move as he shifts closer to me. I can feel his breath blow across the back of my neck. A shiver runs through me body. We stay like that for what seems like forever, the only sounds in the room our heart beats and Xale's light snores. Eventually he moves his hand to my chin and turns my face towards him. Watching him shift up on his elbow, he looks down at me. "Are you really happy?" His face showing raw emotion.

"I'm happy I'm here, with you." I tell him honestly.

"Do you miss him?" He speaks, his voice almost unheard.

"I wish he never died." I admit.

Seeing his eyes turn sad I feel pain inside of me for hurting him. Not just from my wolf but from me. He lowers himself back onto the bed and I want to do something, anything to take the pain away. So I simply say. "For Xale." The words are true but cause more guilt to build inside of me.

I listen to his heart beat slow and his breathing steady, signalling he had fallen asleep. My words the last thing running through my mind as I drift to sleep.

I wake up to cold sheets. My hand reaching out for Xale not finding him beside me. Turning over I go to cuddle into Daniel and find his side empty aswell. Opening my eyes I prop myself up on my elbows, and look around the room. It's empty. Their scents still present but faint enough to tell me I've been alone at least a couple hours.

Getting up, I make my way into Daniel's closet, grabbing a pair of his boxers. Putting them on I roll the top so they don't fall down, and go into the bathroom and brush my teeth. Taking my elastic from last night and putting my hair into a messy bun, I go downstairs.

Walking into the kitchen I see a note on the island.

Gone to Kelly's with Xale. Breakfast is in the fridge. Join us when you're ready, Love.