46

Ally

Alpha Tyler and Gregg's words play over and over in my head. I don't want a war. I don't want violence. All this over me seems unnecessary. Stumbling back I slide down the wall, feeling Gregg's eyes on me as I do. If Daniel attacks Roberts pack Xale wont be safe. The thought of Daniel, Kelly, even Cody and Marcus getting hurt tears at my chest. My wolf howling out at the thought of our pack being in danger. Women and children being unprotected if our men were to die. Her rage and sadness over the people she already calls her own, I already feel protective of, makes a lump form in my throat. Tears start to build up in the corners of my eyes and I snap them shut. Laying my head back against the cold concrete wall. I will not cry. Not over something that hasn't happened. That can be stopped.

Taking a deep breath I let it out and open my eyes. "Women and children will be vulnerable if the men and warriors leave to save me. I won't have it. I won't have mates crying over the loss of their partner, not for me. I'm new to this. I'm not their Luna yet. They owe me nothing, and even if they did I forbid it. You will wait a week then go get Xale. Take him away from here, like agreed. Don't look back. I've made up my mind. You cannot do this."

"I made a promise. I'll make sure Xale is safe, I'll take him away, I promised you that. But I promised Daniel I would protect you. I'm telling him where you are. What he does after that you can take up with him." He huffs.

Rolling my eyes, I groan. There is no way Daniel doesn't react. Even though I can't link him through the silver and wolfsbane, I can feel his emotions. Anger, sadness, grief, worry. Not as strong as before. I have to focus hard to feel them. They started giving me wolfsbane after my wounds healed and I am loosing my wolf senses. I'm weaker just like Daniel said I would be.

"He will attack and you know it."

"And he should. We haven't had a Luna in a long time, Ally, our pack needs you, not just me or Xale or Daniel. Everyone." He stresses.

"Tell him I don't want him to. I don't want people to die for me. There will be blood, Gregg. Alpha Robert won't kill me. He wants me for something."

"But you're being gone will kill Daniel. Loosing your mark will cause a pain to run through him. I've felt that pain, the pain of loosing a mate. He's lost too much, it will consume him, the pack will be weaker for it. Not having you as Luna, having a broken Alpha, it will end us." His words hit hard.

Shaking my head vigorously, I hold back tears. "Stop." Squeezing my eyes shut I put my head in my hands. "I know I won't change your mind. My words might not change Daniel's, but you have to promise you will tell him." My voice shakes, raw with emotion.

Loud clinking of metal starts to fill the room, signalling our chains are being pulled back, and I wipe at my eyes. Standing slowly letting the cuffs pull my wrists out wide. Penelope's soft steps alone suprise me. Rattling of keys in her hand make my eyes go wide. No guards.

"Alpha said to let you two loose. You have thirty minutes before the guards come for Gregg." She speaks softly, unlocking the cell door she closes it behind her.

Coming towards me she flips through the keys. Unlocking one cuff then the other. She smiles slightly up at me before turning to do the same with Gregg.

Rubbing at my wrists I groan. The silver having dug into my skin, burning me. Red angry welts circling my wrists. Two massive arms wrap around me and I lean into Gregg's embrace. "Thank you, Penelope." I whisper.

"I forgot to grab some new clothes for you. With the chains off you could put on something with longer sleeves. What would you like?" She asks.

"Sleeves please, maybe a sweater. Sweat pants will be fine." I mumble into Gregg's chest, wrapping my own arms around him not wanting to let go.