39

Ally

Daniel's eyes turn gold, flickering back and forth from Gregg and I, as we sit beside eachother across from him. Greggs arm resting on the back of the couch as I lean forward. Preparing for his questions, for his wolfs anger to come out. Gregg and I laying everything on the table. My underwear gone from both places, the same scent there and knowing it is Robert who wants me. Even though we can't prove it, it was probably him. There is no denying it now.

His jaw clenches, and I watch in fear as I see him fight with his wolf for control, trying to calm himself down.

"Ally, get back." Gregg links me. His arm from behind me pushing me back into the couch, he scoots forward. His eyes meet mine pleading me to stay back, and I nod slightly, pulling my legs up onto the couch.

"You trusted Gregg with this?" Daniel snaps. "Over me?"

"She didn't want to freak you out over nothing, Daniel." Gregg answers for me.

Daniels height towers over Gregg swiftly, standing toe to toe. "You hid this from me. My mate, MY MATE, had you doing things under my nose. I'm your Alpha, you best remember your place."

Greggs hand squeezes my knee before letting go and standing face to face with Daniel. Fear runs through me, two dominant men on the edge, it's too much. I want to defend Gregg but Daniel is my mate. My wolf won't let me speak up, afraid Daniel will be upset with us. Swallowing the lump in my throat, my heart starts to beat even faster.

"My place? I'm a fucking warrior because you took my beta title. My place is as beta. My job is to protect you and everyone in this pack, including her. Especially her." Gregg points back at me.

Daniel's eyes turn to me and he frowns. Our eyes meeting for a split second before turning back to Gregg. His hands grabbing the front of Gregg's shirt and pulling him in. "She's mine. Anyone wants her they can go through me. Next time you better tell me everything you know, when you know. I'll make sure she has trusted security next time." Daniel growls before pushing Gregg to the side.

Faltering on his feet Gregg composes himself before standing straight, pushing his shoulders back. "Nobody will protect her like I will, I promise you that. I'll keep any secrets she asks of me though. Do anything she asks of me. She wouldn't be asking me if she didn't trust me. So these new guards, will they be trustworthy to her, or you?" Greggs words are all it took to see the rage take over Daniel. His wolf gaining control.

I jump from the couch, trying to push him back, my hands pressing  on his chest. "Stop, Daniel!" I scream, but his golden eyes never leave Gregg.

His steps barely faltering as I try and hold him back. His hands wrap around my forearms and his grip is harsh, his nails digging deep into my skin. "Daniel! You're hurting me." I wince, trying to pull away my arms but his hands leave mime so quickly I stagger back, bumping into Gregg's chest. His hand pulls me behind him, and Daniel's eyes shift to remorse. I rub at my arms, trying to relieve the pain.

"I-I'm...." Daniel starts but I cut him off.

"Gregg, please leave."

Greggs eyes meet mine over his shoulder and I smile slightly, before placing my hand on his back. "I'll be okay, don't worry."

"I'm waiting outside, link me when you're done talking. I won't leave till I see you're okay." He links me back. Walking outside, slamming the door behind him.

Stepping around Daniel, I throw myself down onto the couch. Looking at my arms, making sure they aren't to bad. "Sit down." I mumble.

Snorting, he turns to me, standing. I watch as he crosses his arms across his chest in my peripherals. Rolling my eyes, I check my other arm, then cross my own arms. Pulling a leg up infront of me. "You will be saying sorry. Gregg will be my guard. We will talk about this like mature adults." I raise a brow, daring him to test me.