15

Daniel

I leave her tucked under the blankets and kiss her forehead. Grabbing my clothes I pull them on, and use the mouth wash sitting on the bathroom counter. Running my hands through me hair I make my way to Xale's room careful to close the door quietly, waving to get his attention he takes his head phones off.

"Where does your mom keep takeout menus? Let's order pizza." I ask, praying to the Moon Goddess he didn't hear and won't ask about earlier. Forming a plan on my mind to get them back in the pack house, I start with Xale.

"I'll show you!" He squeals, and takes off down stairs, Boomer close behind him.

Chuckling, I follow after them. Taking my time to look around. It's cozy, inviting. Pictures hang on the walls of Xale. Old nails still in the walls signalling she just removed some. Probably of her husband. The thought makes me sad and angry. I feel for her, deeply, but my wolf and I hate the thought of another man having had her. It was a rule amongst many packs. You didn't have intercourse with anyone other then your mate, unless human. After awhile some wolves in our pack were mated to humans and my father made it a rule. No intercourse at all until mated. It sounded cruel and unusual then, but now I see why.

"Can we get roni and bacon and and extra cheese and mushrooms!" Xale shouts excitedly.

Waving a menu in the air at me I nod and grab the menu. "Come back. You want pizza?" I link to Gregg.

"Work up an appetite? Yea sure. I'll have the guys stay outside."

"Call Kelly, tell her to come tomorrow morning. Be here in twenty." I replied back, ignoring his comment, closings the link.

Dialing the number "What's your mom like on her pizza?" I ask.

"Same as me but with yucky green olives." He fake gags.

A women picks up and I begin ordering the pizzas. "Hey four large pepperoni, two large cheese, one large pepperoni, bacon, mushroom with extra cheese and another large one the same but without olives." I speak into the phone, then turn to Xale. "Anything to drink?"

"Chocolate milk!!" He jumps and smiles.

"And can I get six coke, six sprite, a chocolate milk, and that's all thanks."

After she gives me the total I give her the address and hang up. "hey bud, can you feed Boomer? I'm going to put your garbage away properly." I say and he nods a big smile on his face, and taps his leg for the dog to follow.

I go outside and grab the two garbage bags from earlier and put them in the bins. Turning back when I hear a twig snap, spotting Gregg. "Come inside, pizza should be here in a bit. You can bring the boys theirs out later." I holler over my shoulder.

Watching him, he hops the fence then jogs over to me. "Kelly said she could be here by nine." He said.

"Thanks, when she leaves you and the guys can follow her back." I say, going to the door and holding it open for him. "Make sure her and Xale get back safe."

Gregg nods as he walks inside passing me. Boomer shooting outside and running around, I prop the door open with a flower pot, letting fresh air inside and allowing the mutt to play in the yard.

I spot Xale grabbing cups and plates from the cupboard, carrying them to the kitchen table. "Xale this is Gregg, he's been making sure you were safe. He's going to join us for pizza. How about you go pick a movie or something for after." I offer.

The door bell rings and I dig my wallet out of my back pocket. "Pizzas here, hurry up and pick before it gets cold." I remarked.

Going to the front door, I can smell the pizza before I even open it and my mouth waters.