56

Daniel

The scowls Trevor shot me when Ally wasn't looking didn't go unnoticed. The way his lips pulled back showing his teeth to me, when she layed back into my side on the couch put me on edge. He's her past, I'm her future, and he better get used to it. I'm not letting her go. I know without her beside me I won't survive. If he tries to take her from me I don't know what I'll do, but I definitely won't step aside.

Ally and Marcus leave us behind, and I sit back down on the couch. Groaning and running my fingers through my hair I lean forward, putting my elbows on my knees.

"Kelly get your stuff ready. I want you prepared for anything." I break the silence in the room.

"I will. She will be fine, Daniel. She's strong." Kelly's eyes hold compassion and understanding and I can't take it. So I look back down at my hands. Listening to her talk away.

"Why the fuck are you even letting this happen?" Gregg seethes.

"You think I want this to happen? I just cut every tie I had with those Alphas over this. She wants to do this. We got back last night and she said she had to. She wants to. I tried talking her out of it all night." I groan.

"Well you did a good job." Trevor mutters.

Snapping my eyes to his, I growl low. "You don't know her. If you did you'd know she does whatever she sets her mind to."

"Then why don't you just kill him? Let me kill him. You cut ties with the Alphas right? So what's it fucking matter. She's more important." Trevor snaps, stepping towards me.

My brain wracks trying to find a good enough reason, other than Ally told me this is what she wants, but I can't think of one. "He can't. She needs to do this. I get it, I get her side. I'm going to go help her train." Gregg mumbles, leaving without a response from us.

Trevor and I don't even bother to look away from eachother. I've been letting shit go because he's Xale's dad, but he needs to know his place. "I'm glad you're fighting by her side. She won't let me, but I know you will die for her just like I would. Just like Gregg would." I sigh.

Standing up I step into Trevor's space. Leaning forward so I can whisper my words in his ear. "The difference is Gregg knows their love for eachother isn't the same. You will learn that too, soon enough. I'm her mate. You're nothing but a humans husband. She's a wolf now."

Stepping away from him, I turn to leave when his hand grabs my shoulder.

"We have Xale. Being a wolf doesn't change that. We are a family." He smirks.

Pushing past me he walks out of Kelly's slamming the door. I can't help but let Rendall growl out, loud, the pictures on the wall shaking from the volume. Picking up the coffee table I throw it across the room. The wood splits and breaks, the tea and milk splatter all over the wall and floor. I need to calm down. She's ours, she's our mate. I repeat over and over. Trying to settle my wolf down.

"Goddess, Daniel. Calm your fucking wolf. What are you doing?" Kelly yells running into the room.

"I'm going to lose her, Kelly. Again!" I scream.

"She's going to be fine. Roberts an Alpha, she's a Moon Goddess Warrior, Trevor is a Moon Goddess Warrior. He doesn't stand a chance." Kelly mutters picking up the pieces of shattered cups off the floor.

"Not to him, to Trevor." I sigh.

Her eyes snap to mine and the broken pieces fall back to the floor. "You feel the mate bond.. don't you?" Suprise and worry coat her face.

"Yes, obviously, but I can't compete with him. He's the father of her kid, her husband. I won't take that from her. Family." Squatting down I pick up the tray. "I have to let her go." I sigh.