10

Ally

"Shift!" Daniel scream for the fifth time in a row.

It's been three days but everytime I try my wolf says we aren't ready. I'm frustrated. He wakes me up at four am to train for two hours. Then we eat breakfast and train till noon. After lunch we brings me back outside and tries to get me to force shift. Usually he gives up around six but today I watched the sun set in the distance. I'm tired, sore, and feel like a failure.

As time goes on I feel my wolf more and more. She talks to me, tells me who we are, what we will be able to do. She just won't let me shift though. She says it's important to wait. I want to listen but I want to make Daniel happy too.

His yelling in the background drags me from my thoughts.

"Shift, Ally, just shift." He's trying to calm down but I can still hear the edge in his tone.

I'm on my hands and knees, tears threatening to escape. Swallowing down the need to sob I try to imagine myself as my wolf. Closing my eyes I try and push her forward, I begin to shake from the effort but nothing happens.

"I cant, she won't let me!" I sob. "I told you, she doesn't think we are ready! Stop pushing me!" I scream. Digging my hands into the dirt. I try again but nothing happens.

"You need to learn to be in control, she isn't the boss. You are. Now shift!" He yells.

"I will not shift, you know this. Wait, you will understand soon, Ally." My wolf says to me.

I sit back on my knees and brush the dirt off of my hands. Looking up at Daniel I shake my head no. With a sigh he turns and leaves me outside alone. He wants to swear Xale and I into his pack the night of the run, but he can't until I've shifted. I understand why it's so important to him. I trust my wolf though. This is all still so new. They are all still strangers, Daniel's still a stranger. This wolf is apart of me, and that makes her the only one I fully trust.

Standing up, I brush the dirt from my knees. I can't go back and face him right now. I don't need a lecture. I look around and see Kelly's house. Her lights are still on so I make my way over. It's not too far, so I get there in minutes and knock on her door.

"Come in!" She sings from inside.

Walking in, I holler a greeting and she pops her head out of the kitchen. We've become good friends the last couple days. Bringing me water and helping me train. I found out she's Daniel's cousin. Her parents died years ago from a rogue attack, so they were raised like siblings. When Daniel's father went to defend his family Kelly's parents went aswell, they all died. Susan left as soon as she could leaving Daniel to become Alpha.

"He's pissed." I snort, walking into the kitchen.

"He's nervous." She sighs, giving me a small smile. "Tea?" She offers.

I nod my head and sit down at the small table against the wall. Crossing my arms on the table and laying my head down. "She's not ready, she won't let me."

"We know. He's just worried the pack won't accept you fully unless you can shift." She states. I hear her pour some water into our cups before bringing them over. Her hand touches my arm and I look up, a small smile on her face. "He needs you."

"Well he's doing a good job at making me hate him." I murmur. The human part of me is only sticking around for Xale at this point. Wanting him to learn more about who he is.

Taking my tea with both hands I take a sip, letting the hot liquid slide down my throat.

"He's an ass." I continue. An ass that my wolf is obsessed with. Which in turn makes my human side feel things aswell, even though I try not to.