59

Ally

My eyes slowly open, my forehead creasing because I don't feel the pain I should right now. Touching lightly at my neck down to my chest, my skin feels soft, smooth. No signs of the wounds I should have on my body. Looking around the room I wonder where I am. How long have I been here? Wood logs form the walls around me. Furs and fabric in shades of light browns and white. Sliding my feet over the edge of the small bed I stand. Soft carpet tickling between my bare toes. Pulling up the white dress I examine my legs for cuts or bruises from the challenge with Alpha Robert. How long have I been asleep? Where am I now?

Opening the door infront of me I step out into a small livingroom. The front door ahead open wide. The smell of flowers and cedar trees wafts through the small space. I look around for shoes but don't spot any. My only source of light is what shines through the windows. Timidly walking towards outside I spot a women leaning over a small rock wall, looking down.

Her back turned to me I take a moment to look over her. Beautiful long black curly hair reaches past her hips. Her dark chocolate skin silky in the luminescent light of night. Her long legs lead to bare feet in the grass.

"For the first time in all my years I feel like I've made a mistake." The woman speaks up.

Looking up my breaths taken away. She's an absolute Goddess.

"I am." She smiles. "Ally I feel like I owe you an apology." She steps towards me.

Stepping back, I hold up my hands. "For kidnapping me? Wouldn't be my first rodeo."

"No, no. I didn't kidnap you. You're here because we needed to talk. Come. Look over the edge." The women waves me closer.

Stepping closer the the short rock wall, I keep my distance from the woman. Looking over the edge I expect to see grass, but am startled to see a white iridescent liquid. Flowing for as far as I can see ahead of me. My eyes turn to the woman in a questioning glance.

"Close your eyes. Think of whom ever you would like to see. They will show." She steps closer.

Closing my eyes I think of Xale. Is he okay? Does he know I'm gone? Is he safe? "Now open your eyes."

Opening my eyes slowly I watch as the liquid turns clear. Like I'm now looking down into Xale's room. I can see a sleeping Xale rustling in his sheets. An exhausted Susan curled up on the couch across the room. Gregg standing infront of his door. Arms crossed against his chest he watches my son in his sleep.

Looking up at the women to my right, I feel a single tear fall down my cheek. Closing my eyes I think of Daniel, opening them quickly this time.

The water washes away my view into Xale's room and changes into Daniel's bathroom. Daniel showering I can see blood rinsing from his body. The sound of his cries so visible it's as if I'm in the room myself. The sadness that fills my heart causes Amaris to whimper in pain.

Shaking off the feeling I turn back to the women. "Where am I?" I ask.

"The moon." She answers.

I have to hold myself back from laughing. I almost call her crazy but remind myself I thought the same of Daniel, and he told me the truth aswell. "Okay.. And you are?"

"My people refer to me as the Moon Goddess. You can call me Selene." Sitting on the rock wall her hand taps at the water.

"How long have I been here?" I mumble, looking back down at the water.

The scene once again changing. This time I see Kelly's small frame working around her medical room. My body laying peacefully in the small bed, in the center of the room. A bandage lays on my chest. My neck though, it's untouched. Like nothing happened, but I felt it, the pain. So why don't I have a mark on me.