74

Ally

Trevor and I sit on the back deck, watching Boomer run to get her ball and back to drop it at Trevor's feet so he can do it again. Over and over for the passed hour and a bit.

"You know, no one liked Boom when we first got here." I chuckle.

Making a face he peaks at me quizzicably.

"She growled at Daniel the first time she seen him." I laugh. "Put up a fight with Cody to get her here. You know I haven't seen one dog here other than Boomer."

Smiling wide, Trevor laughs. "I'd have liked to see Daniel's face when she did. She's always been a bit of a dominant girl. That's a good thing though, meant she'd protect you when I was gone. I always knew you'd be okay with her in the house." Boomer stops to drop the ball in front of Trevor and  he pats her back. "Eh girl, you're a good girl."

Boomer's tail wags furiously she tries to lick Trevor's face, excited.

Pushing her back with a hand he throws the ball again with the other. "I could go without the kissing though."

Both of us laughing I shake my head. "I should head back. Thanks for taking my mind off, well you know." I sigh, getting up off the old wooden rocking chair.

"Don't mention it. I'll always be here for you. You need to escape again you're always welcome. I'll see you later, okay?" Trevor smiles up at me.

"Yeah, thanks. See ya." I offer a small wave, making my way down the steps.

Walking into the pack house is daunting. Not knowing how this talks going to go. Nodding to guards as I pass them going inside I fake a small smile. No sight of Daniel I assume I'm still early. I can feel him close though, probably in his office.

Plopping down on the couch I kick off my boots and get comfy. Not knowing how much longer he will be I cuddle into the pillows. Two nights of shitty sleep and the way the couch and pillows hug me I allow myself to close my eyes just wanting to enjoy a moment of lazing I tell myself, but I lied.

A hand on my knee wakes me. My eyes opening as Daniel crouches down infront of me. His beautiful dark brown eyes looking back into mine. "You want to head to bed? We can talk later." Daniel asks.

"No, I'm fine. Where do you want to go?" I tuck my hair behind my ears. Sitting up and slipping my boots back on.

Removing his hand Daniel sighs, staying crouched in front of me. His eyes searching my face for something. I'm just not sure what.

Wiping the side of my mouth, I frown. "Did I drool? Do I have something on my face?"

"No." He replies. Standing up and offering me a hand. Helping me up but then taking it away. "You smell like Trevor." He murmurs.

Internally scolding myself for not changing I nod slowly. "Yeah, I went over there. Thought it would be smarter than walking around here looking sad around the pack."

"Thought it was smart to run off two days in a row to your ex's. All while having a room set up for you to sleep seperate from me. Not a good idea if your appearance with the pack was important."

"I didn't think of it that way. Sorry." Hugging myself, I rub my arms for comfort not sure what to say.

A sassy laugh leaving him as he rolls his eyes has me wanting to roll my own. I don't though, knowing it will only make this worse. It is my fault we are fighting anyways. I don't need to make it worse. "So lunch, what's the plan?" I change the subject.

"May should have brought us some stuff to our room. I thought this through and a sound proof room is probably best." Daniel grunts.

Probably best. What does that mean? It's so bad we need sound proofing?