42

Ally

The house is silent except for the sound of the washing machine. Gregg fell asleep an hour ago during the movie. So I made my way upstairs and got ready. Cody playing video games with Xale in his room, distracted. I took my time doing my makeup. Drawing a sharp wing across my eyelids, then putting on mascara, I decide to put on some bronzer and a bold red lip.

Looking through the clothes I brought, my best option is a mid thigh length t-shirt dress. Pulling it on it the black fabric hugs me like a second skin. Pulling my hair out of my elastic I run my hands through it, as I slide on the red heels I left here. Stopping in my bathroom to put on some deodorant. I look in the mirror and shrug, good enough.

Downstairs I switch the clothes from the wash to the dryer, and tip toe to the front door. Closing it cautiously behind me. I gasp when I feel a hand touch my shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Daniel growls.

"Out, now you boys be good." I mock, scowling as I step off of the porch.

I walk down to the end of the driveway without looking back and wait for my cab.

"Ally, you can't go out alone." Daniel grumbles.

"Says who? I'm grown. I'm single. I can do what I want." I point out.

"Says me, and you're far from single. You're mine, Ally. I'll sit on your front porch and wait until you let me explain however long you make me. You won't be going out though, and you're definitely not single.."

Seeing the cab pull up I turn to him. "And how do you plan on stopping me? Touch me and this man will call the police. Which will be a good thing because they will have to pull me off your dead body. You touched another women. That much I'm sure. You won't ever touch me with those hands again. I promise you." Daniel's stunned face brings me joy, and a small feeling of victory takes over me.

Getting into the cab I usher him on and don't bother looking back at Daniel. There is no need. I can already feel his mix of emotions through our bond. Sadness, regret, pain, anger. It all swirls together inside of him.

The music inside of the club beats loud through the speakers. Moving my body to the beat I dance around. The effects of the alcohol loosening me up. Hands grip my hips from behind and I feel pain shoot through their touch. Turning, I look up into gold rimmed eyes. Wolf. "I'm sorry, I can't dance with you. I'm taken." Touching my mark, knowing he will get the point.

"Me too, I won't tell if you don't." He yells over the music into my ear.

The feeling of his warm breath fanning my skin making me cringe. "No, thank you. I'm done anyways. I'm going to get a drink." I try and let him down easy.

"I'll come with you, I could use another." He brings his beer to his lips and chugs.

Rolling my eyes I turn away and cross my fingers I lose him in the crowd. The feeling of pain shooting through my hips tells me I haven't though. Smacking his hands off of me I turn and point a finger in his face. "I said I'm taken, back off." I growl.

"I didn't see you with anyone." He shrugs. "You're just playing hard to get, and I love a chase." He winks and I gag.

"Not playing hard to get, I actually am hard to get. How about you go hit on a human, okay?" I scoff, turning around and heading for the bar.

Holding my hand up I wait for a bartender to come my way. Making eye contact with one I lower my hand and wait. "Where are you?" Gregg asks me through our link, yelling this time. This is his forth time linking me, and I start to feel bad for making him worry.