72

Ally

Knocking on the back door I don't hear anything. Waiting a minute I knock again and I can hear footsteps inside, making their way to the door. Trevor opening it slowly rubbing a hand over his eyes.

"Since when do you get up this early?" Trevor's voice comes out gravely. Stepping aside to let me in, bare chested with a pair of grey sweatpants on. I keep myself from staring, shifting my eyes across the cabin.

"I didn't really get much sleeping done last night." I mumble, more to myself than to him.

Making my way to the cupboards I pull out mugs and everything to make some tea. Kettle filled and on the stove, I click on the burner. Turning to look at Trevor, mix of disgust and anger laced together on his face.

"What?" I ask.

"Listen I might love and care about you but I don't want to hear about you staying up all night with dear Daniel." Trevor groans. "Especially when you know how I feel about your decision. I'm still kind of hoping you might change your mind." His voice is almost in a whisper during his last words.

"Trevor please. I love and care about you too. I don't want us to let this destroy our relationship, our friendship. You'll always be one of my best friends." My arms are wrapped around him before I can stop myself. His own holding me close, the warmth and comfort of his embrace calming. "And Daniel and I didn't really do anything last night. I hid something from him, and I confessed last night. Not really the makings for a night of passion and romance. If that makes you feel any better."

Feeling Trevor's chest shake as he holds in a laugh. Smacking his chest I pull away, looking up in his eyes.

"Yeah, actually. That's makes me feel much better." He smirks but I can see in his eyes he's still a little hurt. "What I want to know now though is how you hid anything. You're the worst lier, and every Christmas we had together I got my gifts months in advance. You never were good at holding anything in."

"That's because you always asked what I got you!" I chuckle.

"Because you'd always tell me." He grins, leaning against the counter.

Sitting down at the small kitchen table I sigh. "Well I didn't tell you this either. I guess I've gotten better at lying."

"Not telling someone something if they haven't asked isn't lying." He shrugs. "What haven't I asked you?"

Rolling my eyes I shake my head. "Is that how you justified lying to me our whole relationship?"

Biting down on his lips he looks away, nodding before looking back at me. "Okay, I might have deserved that. You didn't answer my question though."

"Well I'm kind of still figuring out this whole Moon Goddess Warrior thing but uhm, well you and Daniel are brothers, he just found out, but uhm, well, I knew, sort of." I let the truth out, blunt and to the point. No avoiding it now.

"So Susan finally told him, took her long enough." He shrugs, the kettle going off he makes his way over, pausing our conversation. Making my tea perfectly, and his just like I'd remembered. The sound of metal clinking against the glass breaking up the silence. As I watch him ponder what to say. His brows creased together like he had always done when thinking about how to say something.

"So you knew?" I ask.

"Just because his parents lied to him, doesn't mean mine lied to me." He mutters, placing my tea in front of me.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Probably the same reason you didn't tell anyone. Sometimes the truth causes more drama and trouble than it's worth. He's as much my brother as any other boy in that pack. Blood maybe, bond? Not a chance. I'd of kept avoiding that pack till I died. His parents raised him. Mine raised me. It doesn't change anything. People get caught up in shit that doesn't matter." He grunts.