Isobel 1x21

In school I was walking with Stefan and Elena when Alaric approached us

"Hey Mr. Saltzman." I say.
"Come with me. We need to talk." He says as he leads us to his classroom.

Later Damon enters the classroom.

"Damon, thanks for coming." Alaric says to Damon.

"Sorry I'm late. My dog ate my uh...never mind." He says as he looks at Stefan, Elena and I.

"What's with all the furrowed brows?" He asks us.

"I saw Isobel last night." Alaric tells us.

"Isobel is here?" Damon asks as he turns to Elena and looks at her.

_____________________________________

"Did you ask her about Uncle John? Are they working together?" Damon asks.

"No." Alaric says.

"No they're not?"

"No, I didn't ask."

"What about the invention?"

"Didn't ask."

"Did she know about the tomb vampires?"

"I don't know."

"Did words completely escape you?"

"No, I was a little too distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask any questions."

Damon turns to Elena. " What did she want?"

"She wants to see me, Damon." Elena tells him.
"Alaric is supposed to arrange a meeting. We don't know why or what she wants." Stefan tells him.

"You don't have to see her if you don't want to." Damon tells her.  Stefan,  clearly confused by this sudden sensitivity, looks at Damon and then at Elena.

"I don't really have a choice." She tells Damon.

"She's threatened to go on killing spree." I tell him.
"Oh! I take it that's not okay with you guys."

"I want to do it. I want to meet her. If I don't, I know I'll regret it." Elena tells us.

_____________________________________

Elena is inside the grill meeting Isobel while I wait outside across the street with Alaric and Damon.

"We should be in there." Damon says.

"No, Isobel made it clear we're not to step a foot inside." I tell him.

"I'm not going to kill her in a crowded restaurant."

"You're not going to kill her period!" Alaric tell him.

"She ruined your life and you still want to protect her?" I ask Alaric.

"She's my wife." We look at him. "Was my wife. I looked for the woman I married but she wasn't there. Whoever that is, she's cold and detached."

"Yeah, she's given up her humanity." Damon states.

"Yeah, see, I don't get that. Stefan has his humanity, he's a good guy. And you're a dick and you kill people but I still see something human in you. But with her there was...nothing." Alaric says.

"You can turn it off, like a button you can press. I mean, Stefan's different. He wants the whole human experience. He wants to feel every episode of How I Met Your Mother, so he shuts his feelings out. The problem is, as a vampire, your instinct is not to feel. Isobel chose the easier road - no guilt, no shame, no regret. I mean, come on, if you could turn it off, wouldn't you?" Damon tells us.

"You haven't." I say.

"Of course I have, Rick, Ana. It's why I'm so fun to be around."

_____________________________________

Right now Damon, Stefan, Elena, Bonnie and I are at the Salvatore house discussing the Gilbert device.

"Absolutely not!" Damon tells us.

"Just hear me out." Elena tells him.

"I am not going to give the device to Isobel so she could give it to John who is going to turn it to kill me. I like being a living dead person."

"But it'll be useless, Bonnie can take it's powers away."

"And if you don't trust her, I can remove the spell." I tell him.

"No, only a Bennet can remove the spell. I have to do it." Bonnie tells us and I know she is lying but I let her do whatever she wants because I trust her and I hope she knows what she is doing.

"John and Isobel will never know." Elena says.

"No, I'll get Jeremy in my own way."

" Really? How are you going to do that? Because Isobel is a vampire and Jeremy could be dead the second you walk in the door." Stefan says.

"Are you even up for this? I mean no offense, you're no Emily Bennet. Emily knew what she was doing." Damon asks Bonnie.

" I've been practicing." Bonnie tells him.

"It's not a piano lesson, honey."

"What's your favourite book?"

"What?"

"Name a book, nay book."

"Name a book... How about 'Call of the wild', Jack London?" Bonnie turns to look at  the library and a book flies in Damon's hands. Damon look at the book.

"Jack London. Great parlor trick."

"We're doing this, Damon. And we are doing this my way. Now give me the device. We're wasting time!" Elena tells him.

"I don't trust you, I tried to kill you." Damon tells Bonnie.

"But you can trust me." Elena tells him. Damon look at her and gives her the device." Thank you."

__________________________________________

After Bonnie 'dispelled' the device I take her home while Elena, Stefan and Damon go to meet with Isobel.

When I return home I hear Jeremy and Elena arguing I pass past Elena and k ock on Jeremy's door.

"I don't wanna talk to you Elena." He says through the door.

"It's not Elena, it's Ana." I tell him and after a few second he opens the door and leta me in.

"What do you want?" He asks me.

"I know whatever I say won't make it up for the fact that I lied to you so instead of giving you excuses I am here to give you answers. Whatever you wanna aknow about me vampires, anything.

"Anything"

"Everything you wanna know but first before I tell you we need snacks for this story." I tell him as I go downstairs grab snack and come back and tell him everything I know. About me, vampire witches, pretty much everything about supernatural that will be important to him. And after we are finished I go to my room and leave him to process everything I told him.